Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OFFICIAL: Kimi replaces Schumacher at Mercedes for 2011

Quote from the article:

Kimi Raikkonen makes a comeback to F1 in 2011
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Norbert Haug and the Mercedes management have confirmed that 2003 and 2005 runner-up and 2007 F1 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will end his 1 year F1 sabbatical and come back to replace Michael Schumacher at the Mercedes GP team for 2011. Sources say that Michael wasn't fully motivated and has agreed to cut the contract short in light of his neck problems and decreasing race performance. Also, his wife...
    Full Article here: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/249371/kimi-raikkonen-comes-back-to-f1

And from Formula1.com as well: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/12/11603.html

Well, this is surely going to make all Kimi fans jump up and dance with joy!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Stranger things have happened... well maybe not in F1

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Aha! Good move for all concerned I think. But Kimi wasn't exactly motivated at Ferrari, we'll see how he does after a years holiday!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    a better title for this forum would be the "Schumacher bashing and bad jokes" forum.

Everyone knows Kimi is not coming out of retirement and the replacement is Sutile, given his new close relationship with Jabba Norberg
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    that was because he had won the WDC... that was last decade so no one remembers so he will be all freshly motivated... no fear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    a better title for this forum would be the "Schumacher bashing and bad jokes" forum.

Everyone knows Kimi is not coming out of retirement and the replacement is Sutile, given his new close relationship with Jabba Norberg
    I'm sorry but it is confirmed. Did you read the full article on the links in the original post? That should make the picture much more clearer I think. Interesting read, especially how Kimi wants to repay Mercedes for their support during his years in Mclaren, and how he's not gonna give them up and let them down.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    I'm sorry but it is confirmed. Did you read the full article on the links in the original post? That should make the picture much more clearer I think. Interesting read, especially how Kimi wants to repay Mercedes for their support during his years in Mclaren, and how he's not gonna give them up and let them down.
    yeah, in one i saw him demostrating his new passing moves.....but the passee was showing how hard it is or not.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Now , you see , that is funny .

Thanks , X .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    I thought he won't desert Citroen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Phibes
    I thought he won't desert Citroen
    He's known Mercedes and Haug for so long, they both know what's been going on. I think the sabbatical helped him get some things straight. He now knows the game and is gonna play it. You wouldn't get this from any other guy.