Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    See when people write unmitigiated crap like this it's no wonder the forum goes to pot....that underperformer would be the same World Champion Raikkonen yes? If winning the highest accolade is your idea of underperforming i'd love to know what you consider "average" performance....break dancing on the podium?

He quite clearly didn't underperform for two whole years however you cut it.
    Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I'll repeat for the slow ones up the back. Raikkonen drove for Ferrari for 3 years. He had 1 great one (2007) winning the WDC then 2 below par ones (2008 and 2009) before he was shown the door. Hence why I said he underperformed for 2 years. He was beaten by Massa in 2008 and 2009 before Massa was hurt. That's what I call underperforming from a world champion and the man who supposedly scared Michael Schumacher into retirement.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    the man who supposedly scared Michael Schumacher into retirement.
    That would explain why MS cane back...

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Marseille France Reuters-15-10-2010-Ferrari Racing Driver Felipe Massa's body found in sleazy hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9L5k2sPMZo
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    That would explain why MS cane back...
    When you look at it logically, Massa and Rubins were not so far off the pace of Schumacher when he was #1 at Ferrari and Kimi was about on Massa's pace with equal treatment.

But now we have Alonso head and shoulders (armpits, chest, waist) above Massa showing that perhaps the German was about the same level as Massa and Alonso is quite superior.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    When you look at it logically, Massa and Rubins were not so far off the pace of Schumacher when he was #1 at Ferrari and Kimi was about on Massa's pace with equal treatment.

But now we have Alonso head and shoulders (armpits, chest, waist) above Massa showing that perhaps the German was about the same level as Massa and Alonso is quite superior.
    It's a big mistake applying logic into objective evaluations.
    Opinions are always a more empirical solution when one wants to determine the truth.
    You should know better than that.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I'll repeat for the slow ones up the back. Raikkonen drove for Ferrari for 3 years. He had 1 great one (2007) winning the WDC then 2 below par ones (2008 and 2009) before he was shown the door. Hence why I said he underperformed for 2 years. He was beaten by Massa in 2008 and 2009 before Massa was hurt. That's what I call underperforming from a world champion and the man who supposedly scared Michael Schumacher into retirement.
    So a third and a sixth in the WDC are sub par years after taking a WDC?

Massa didn't have a great year, but all the hype about Alonso had to affect his performance some, along with bouncing back from his injury. I'm sure the entire "pull over for Alonso" thing really motivated him to improve too.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's true that Felipe didn't have a good season, so what? Ferrari was pretty much in contention for the Constructors Championship anyway. Two years ago, he "almost" wins the Drivers Crown! It's still quite a miracle he is driving again after his accident in 09.

There are better ways to critic your driver, that's for sure. This one is not motivating at all.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalo
    It's true that Felipe didn't have a good season, so what? Ferrari was pretty much in contention for the Constructors Championship anyway. Two years ago, he "almost" wins the Drivers Crown! It's still quite a miracle he is driving again after his accident in 09.

There are better ways to critic your driver, that's for sure. This one is not motivating at all.
    ....which makes me suspect there will be a change in driver line-up in the near future....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    ....which makes me suspect there will be a change in driver line-up in the near future....
    Looks likely mate. Too bad, red suites Felipe..

As long as he lands in a team that can allow him to win the championship and has a competitive car, it's fine by me

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    So a third and a sixth in the WDC are sub par years after taking a WDC?

Massa didn't have a great year, but all the hype about Alonso had to affect his performance some, along with bouncing back from his injury. I'm sure the entire "pull over for Alonso" thing really motivated him to improve too.
    If Massa is that fragile mentally that mere "hype" about his teammate is enough to knock him off his game then he should accept a number 2 role and be done with it. Having world champion teammates hasn't had much affect on Hamilton's confidence.

And yes, Raikkonen's final two years with Ferrari were poor by the standards of a world champion. When compared to Massa's performances in 2008 and 2009 Raikkonen didn't deliver what he should have and was rightly let go when Alonso became available.
    Forza Ferrari!!