Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emigration

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I live in the same suburb that I grew up in and my company is within 10 km of where I both live and grew up. I would only leave if I really had too. This is home for me and nothing beats an African sunset.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    The biggest concern with an outdoor lifestyle in Australia is probably skin cancer.
    Thats what hats and 50 SPF sun screen are for.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would if the conditions were better than here, why not? I still live where I was born probably 3 Km away....

I would like going to an English speaking country.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE

What's got you thinking, Sonic?
    A couple of our friends have done it and couldn't be happier. One moved to San Fran the others to Oz near Adelaide. Just got me thinking....
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm Irish, but I moved here to Barcelona 12 years ago. Now I feel more at home here than in my native Dublin. I don't bump into people I know in the centre of Dublin anymore, but I do here.

Moving to another country is a good thing, to broaden your experience. However, it's not for everyone. There are always frustrating days, and being a foreigner on top of it all can test people. The question of identity is important, and it's something that gets talked about a lot here in Catalunya.

I find that when I go back to Ireland, the question of whether it was a good idea to move is always in the back of your head. It's a good thing, because I think it's good to ask yourself if you're happy, to appreciate when you are or to do something about it if you're not.

Now I can't imagine living in Dublin again.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I've moved from Italy to France then to England then to Danmark then to Spain then to Germany and back to Danmark and if wasn't for my wife and kids I would continue that :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Considered moving to Oz (fortunately both my wife and I are professional people and would be welcomed with open arms) as I was sick and tired of watching Labour ruin Britain but then the Tories won and besides my wife wouldn't want to leave her mum, so who knows if Mother in Law snuffs it and Labour win again I'll be off like a shot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No need to. No desire to. The United States offers just about any terrain, climate, and opportunity one could wish for.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    But then again I have always been the most patriotic of my family (despite also being the furthest travelled) so not really sure I could leave forever even if I do hate the cold....
    Karen has often said that she wouldn't like to leave the North East of England to go and live anywhere else, with the exception of Scotland!

Personally if I had the money I think I'd like to live somewhere like the South of France. More my kind of climate!

Having a way of obtaining insulin whilst abroad would be my main concern.
    I guess supply isn't so much the issue as expense?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums