Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

New engine regs for 2013

Current 2.4-litre V8s to 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo engines with energy recovery systems and fuel restrictions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9255871.stm

BBC Sport has been told the regulations will go before the F1 Commission - a group of stakeholders that agrees all rule changes - on Thursday 9 December before being rubber-stamped by the World Council the following day.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    What a ****ing joke.

Why was I stupid enough to hope for V10 or V12 when I clicked on the title?

There was a guy down the road from me selling a 4AGE claiming 550hp down the road from me. Why the hell would I or anyone else care?

We want the pinnacle of motor sport, blood thirsty v12 (or v24 or something even more diabolical) not some pussy 1.6 4cyl Honda Civic motor.

If we are going that way, lets just use 500cc motorcycle engines instead.

I hope the world does end in 2012.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    What a ****ing joke.

There was a guy down the road from me selling a 4AGE claiming 550hp down the road from me. Why the hell would I or anyone else care?

We want the pinnacle of motor sport, blood thirsty v12 (or v24 or something even more diabolical) not some pussy 1.6 4cyl Honda Civic motor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9255871.stm Care has been taken to ensure the performance of cars will not be affected and total power outputs will remain at current levels - approximately 750bhp.
    I don't care about the engine size, as long as the cars are still powerful!
    Whats a uni?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    It's worth noting that turbo-engines tend to have less cylinders, so we aren't going to see anything extraordinary unless I interpreted something wrongly. Even the big fan of V12 - Enzo Ferrari - used a V6 turbo engine in the 80's.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    What a ****ing joke.

What exactly is your problem?
    V12, V10 and even V8 engines are not at all representative for the automotive industry.
    And having fuel limitations is what they should have always done in order to push the research in the right direction.

I can see Ferrari being against this move as they are the only one who has bugger all knowledge of such small engines. Maybe Fiat will do the engine development for them?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The question is, does it make sense to change the engine formula and all that cost to develop the new engines? What exactly are the supposed advantages of changing it, besides for change's sake, and the apparent "environmental" angle, which is iffy at best? Is it expected that this angle will attract more manufacturers interested in high performance/low fuel consumption engine research for their road cars?

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRooster92
    [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9255871.stm] I don't care about the engine size, as long as the cars are still powerful!
    Homebrew 1.6 toyota and hondas are capable of as much power as F1 (although they probably wouldn't last a lap). My unmolested 25 year old car has more torque than current F1 cars anyway.

F1 means different things to different people, and I guess I am the way that I am.
    For me KERS is bad enough, this whole "green" images, I don't like it.

I want fast cars, I don't want races without refueling (although I admit this season wasn't anywhere as bad as I expected last year, it was a very good season in fact). I don't want a single tyre manufacturer.

My god, look at the road the WRC has taken... 25 year ago, no one would have thought the WRC would be as big a joke as it is now. But hey, **** happens.

F1 with it's clean green image will be a joke too.

I want the roar of the mighty V10s and V12s, I'm happy with the V8s.

Meh. It's just my opinion.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's good news that F1 will move away from the technology of the last century and try to stay high-tech instead of being a dinosaur.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    It's good news that F1 will move away from the technology of the last century and try to stay high-tech instead of being a dinosaur.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Indeed
    Whats a uni?