Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Higgins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Snooker = Boring
    Logitech = CRAP!

+

Insert whatever F1 fans tell cricket or football fans saying F1 is boring.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I remember when I was a small lad, my father went to a snooker tournament and was sitting in the crowd watching the game live. The TV camera panned on part of the crowd he was sitting in, I jumped up and down shouting hello daddy in front of the TV only for him to continue sitting there and "ignoring" me. I was p!$$ed at him until my mother explained that he couldn't see me :
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Logitech = CRAP!
    You take that back !!!!!!

Snooker is just one of those games like golf and darts that I'd happily play myself but can't see the point of watching
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Snooker is just one of those games like golf and darts that I'd happily play myself but can't see the point of watching
    Golf and darts make me snooze within seconds as well, but snooker is different. Having said that, I'm usually only interested in finals or semi finals, where it's two really good players going at it, and that way it's not one sided and you get to see a good scrap for the win, some incredible pots, safety shots etc. Watch the last 2 frames of Sunday's match and you'll see what I'm getting at.

Most people find the safety part boring, but I like it, it's like a chess game, back and forth until someone blinks and makes a mistake, takes enormous amounts of patience and talent, and I appreciate that.

Then again, my interest in sports is varied. I absolutely HATE watching football. Usually it's a snorefest whenever I put any club matches on, I'm Zzzz in NO time. I can stand cricket somewhat. Absolutely love motorsports of any kind. Acquired interest in snooker over time, and lately got really interested in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), especially UFC. Now, you can't find more polarizing sports than snooker and mixed martial arts.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Snooker > Football > Golf > Cricket > Darts
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I've got well into snooker, and look forward to attending several sessions of the German Masters and the World Championship this year.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The Reason Fishing isn't bigger? Anything you can do well drunk usually isn't a sport...which puts Darts in jeopardy!!

Snooker is alright if there is Nothing else to do......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".