Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    I am against it. I liked Europe the way it was. All the countries with their own identity. It was fun screwing around with currency and going to countries offering the best value. Although it was still somewhat controlled. I am also beginning to change my opinion about the so called global economy. I need to study a bit more on that. In addition I am afraid that the EU will and has led to free for all immigration which in the long run will change Europe as we have known it. These are all personal thoughts and I suspect the Euros will be on here with the factual information that we an debate.
    I don't really get what you're saying. I've travelled a little through Europe (Switzerland, UK, Poland, Germany, Italy, France and Finland) and each country still has its identity and Neither Poland nor Switzerland is no more distinct than Germany or Italy for having its own currency.

That said I never travelled around Europe when the Euro wasn't around so I can't comment on what it was like before.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Funny how our US posters who know bugger all about what the EU does for the Europeans are against it and want to see it crumble, are they afraid that they will lose their 'supremacy'?!
    China will "take care" of that quite easily.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    In addition I am afraid that the EU will and has led to free for all immigration which in the long run will change Europe as we have known it.
    Prior to World War I, passports weren't generally required at all to travel around Europe; people moved about if they felt like. Heck, the United States itself had waves of immigration pass through Ellis Island.
    Are you worried that Europe will change back to something which it was?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fandango
    I think the existence of the EU makes a repeat of WWI or WWII in Europe (bit of a contradiction in terms there, I know) a lot less likely, and that's a good thing.
    EU does nothing against that, the existence of Nuclear Weapons and development of the world has taken care of that. EU is irrelevant in that regard. Besides that, domination over other countries these days is achieved using different methods than just invading your neighbour.

I am generaly against EU, too much bureaucracy, but it has some good points to it. But as it is lead at the moment, I am against it.
    "signature room for rent"