Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kindle

Trade in my hard or soft bound books for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles...pf_rd_i=507846

No way...

Anyone agree with me?
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannat
    Trade in my hard or soft bound books for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles...pf_rd_i=507846

No way...

Anyone agree with me?
    I bought Caroline one a while back. She really likes it. I think it's a very neat bit of technology but I'm not a bookworm so I would say that
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I should mention that the screen is absolutely amazing on the Kindle and is certainly just as pleasing to read as printed text. It's not like an LCD sceen which makes your eyes bleed after a minute or two of reading
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was considering one for mrs cooper but she found it hard to get enough of the 'right books' for the kindle and the prices quoted per eBook was on a par with hardbacks... It is an electronic format how can it be the same cost as a hardback book.

In the end tempting as it was she decided to skip it for now... who knows with more titles available and better pricing in the future she would be happy to get one.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    I was considering one for mrs cooper but she found it hard to get enough of the 'right books' for the kindle and the prices quoted per eBook was on a par with hardbacks... It is an electronic format how can it be the same cost as a hardback book.

In the end tempting as it was she decided to skip it for now... who knows with more titles available and better pricing in the future she would be happy to get one.
    I guess it depends on what books you're looking at. Caroline has found that the books are generally as cheap or a little cheaper than paperbacks.

The libraries in the county are going to start lending e-books next year, when that starts to happen on a national level then it's going to take off I reckon.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S

Books seems to be cheaper on Kindle except for hardbacks. My Kindle is great and I never thought I would be swayed. But on a practical note- I really haven't space for any new books, so the Kindle solves that problem.

I think it's really handy, and would be fantastic in schools especially for poor readers, as it allows to have the book read to you with the text on screen.
    Flonkkkk.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mrs C is still keen on one just not convinced.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    This is one of those things where I'm wary of saying that I'll never have, nor like, one, because to do so would be foolish. For now I enjoy a nice book in its traditional form and don't get the appeal of a Kindle, not least because a room looks empty without books. Houses will be rather sad places in the future without a good array of books.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    This is one of those things where I'm wary of saying that I'll never have, nor like, one, because to do so would be foolish. For now I enjoy a nice book in its traditional form and don't get the appeal of a Kindle, not least because a room looks empty without books. Houses will be rather sad places in the future without a good array of books.
    We have the best of both worlds, a Kindle and a loungeroom full of books

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I considered getting one for Kirst but she is a creature of habit and doesn't see the appeal, she thinks the smell of the paper and physically turning the pages is part of the joy of reading.. :/

If they were backlit for reading at night and you could surf the net I'd consider getting one for myself... tablet pc?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!