Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I'd have to draw the line at my tax dollars being involved in the rediculous expense of an F1 team. Get the government out of government motors first, them if they want to attempt corporate suicide again, have at it history tells me F1 is a waste of time and money for mainstream High volume manufacturers.
    Much better for the government to sponsor Chrysler with its M1 Abrams and needlessly blow up people around the world. You might actually have a chance at winning that championship
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I think the trials and tribulations of HRT, as well as the other two new teams, says just how flawed the FIA's approach has been in bringing in new teams. Give them some extra test days... something! Give them some sort of allowance that allows them the opportunity to get it together better than what we've seen. HRT and Virgin are both joke teams. The only reason "Lotus" is spoken of kindly is because it has typically been the best of the worst for most of the season... but it's a joke team as well. If they get the Renault engine working well with their new chassis, maybe that will change next season. But I think it will still be a challenge for them to score a point next season. Time will tell.

As for HRT... please die already!!! It sucks for Bruno, but this team needs to go.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    HRT and Virgin are both joke teams.
    Feh.

We need joke teams. Sometimes they grow up and become real ones. Look what happened to Toleman, Politoys and Stewart.
    Meanwhile "real" teams like Toyota Alfa Romeo and Brabham have died; never to be seen again.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I think that the team will just die.
    Sadly I believe you are right.
    All other opinions are wrong....