Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    So, you were an asshole until you got placed in that situation and realized that it wasn't the best option, but had to do it in order to have a job.

How about just saying, "No thanks. Bye."
    I have no sympathy for people who choose telemarketing, traffic warden, traffic cop or any job that involves annoying, upsetting or screwing people over as their profesion of personal choice, but calling me an ex-asshole is a bit harsh, I was merely not very sympathetic about their job until I realised that many of them had little choice in order to have a job or their 'career path' led them into their situation, as it did mine.

As for the last part, I suppose I did ultimately... but in a roundabout way.. but it was a lot more complicated than just that and its another story. My manager was snorting drugs and drinking on the job, was trying to bully and harrass me at work probably because she was on a powertrip while high, obviously unwilling to give her the pleasure of just quitting... lets just say I came out of it better off in ALL ways thanks to Kirsts advice from her degree in employment law... they ended up offering me a compromise agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt
    you may need to check if you have anysort of Do Not Call Register

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
    Yep, its called Telephone preferential service or TPS here in the UK. http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/what/ You have to keep re-signing up for it every six months or so though..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Always liked this way.

[youtube]Yor0jd33mow[/youtube]

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    So, you were an asshole until you got placed in that situation and realized that it wasn't the best option, but had to do it in order to have a job.

How about just saying, "No thanks. Bye."
    We have a major problem over here with telemarketers. Companies sell their databases of our personal information to each other.

I get at least 30-40 calls month from telemarketer w@nkers. Thats right, at least 30-40 calls a MONTH. From my bank offering funeral cover, life cover, credit card protection plan, homeloans etc. People try and sell us cellular phone contracts, cover for those contracts. People trying to sell me insurance, vehichle finance etc etc etc. And they always call when you are in a meeting or while you are driving.

After a while, it is a lot easier to tell them to f#ck off and hopefully they will eventually get the message. Another thing I do is say "hey, that sounds great!", give me one second to get a pen and paper...then leave them on hold until they realise that I aint coming back.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Josti
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

I am registered here with a similar system we have, but it does not stop telemarketers from calling

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I simply say "No."
    That rarely stops them so I then ask "What part of no did you not understand?"

If I know it is not going to be a call for me answering "Fraud Squad" works quite well.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I registered to https://www.donutcall.gov.au/ and after that I started to receive calls from Australian donut sellers.
    I could really use a fish right now