Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think that some people around here lack the most basic sense of humor.

skc we all understood that Daniel was just making a bit of fun and those were not your words, you seem the only one to be utterly unhappy with this.
    I wonder if you were shaking your fist to the screen where you read Daniel's edit!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Another post about Daniel thinking he makes his own rules. Most people would see it as a joke, but when SKC asked and was obviously offended by it, it was disregarded. In usual form Daniel chose to challenge the rule of the moderator and dispute what he is and isn't allowed to do.

Maybe some people see humor in being able to follow something as simple as forum policy. I would think after a number of bannings it would sink in, but obviously not.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Or yet another thread Daniel decided to turn into the "its all about me rather than the proposed topic thread".. Personally I think if the conversation is light humoured between the two individuals then changing what they quoted is harmless if its consentual. In Skc's case in was during a heated debate and Daniel used it to degrade the opinion he was quoting. He might have seen it as a clever way to be sarcastic, but it backfired and the feelings of Skc were trampled over. Lets just grow up, and have abit more respect for each others opinions, and stop being smart Alec's.
    Huh? Have you read the edited post? There was nothing degrading towards SKC in there. I said that Piquet had been slow pretty much all the way through his career and that although there was no firm evidence of Alonso's involvement you do wonder......

Nothing about SKC in there at all? Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by skc
    Like it or not, the facts are that Piquet cheated as well as being bloody slow and although there is no evidence Alonso was involved you do wonder.
    This was what I said about SKC It's amazing how people will read into things when they want to have a certain opinion
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Another post about Daniel thinking he makes his own rules. Most people would see it as a joke, but when SKC asked and was obviously offended by it, it was disregarded. In usual form Daniel chose to challenge the rule of the moderator and dispute what he is and isn't allowed to do.

Maybe some people see humor in being able to follow something as simple as forum policy. I would think after a number of bannings it would sink in, but obviously not.
    You seem to forget the part where I apoligised multiple times to SKC for any offence he took

Your only issue with this thread is that I've posted it and not with the actual content which is quite funny. If anyone is not following the forum rules it is yourself by criticising the poster and not the post.

Now this thread will probably get closed soon enough buy is it possible to actually talk about editing posts and not about me? Your affection towards me is flattering but sadly unrequited.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    If its abit of fun in the context of being in a fun debate then I see no problem
    this
    edited for accuracy: "it's a bit"
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Anyway lets move on this will go nowhere. If someone dislikes you editing their posts and expresses this, then respect their wishes. If its abit of fun in the context of being in a fun debate then I see no problem, but I think this went abit far.. Lets just move on
    No I'm not going to move on. You accused me of degrading skc's opinions. Proof or apology thanks

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Regardless of intent I do think that quoting someone's comments, but editing the quote so that it changes what was actually said, is not really on. Why not quote the comments and make your point below?

As someone who has had their comments quoted, edited and used out of context I can see why it can be an issue.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    <race affi>
    Peace! mokin:
    </race afi>

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You seem to forget the part where I apoligised multiple times to SKC for any offence he took
    After disregarding his requests, and after intervention from a moderator. Essentially you made a less than convincing apology after the fact to save face.

Your only issue with this thread is that I've posted it and not with the actual content which is quite funny. If anyone is not following the forum rules it is yourself by criticising the poster and not the post.
    I can elaborate more, but I'll start with one of your quotes:
    Don't tell me what I'm thinking dickhead.
    Don't for a second think anyone here is stupid enough to not realize your intention in this post as another way to simply try to get your way and be allowed an exemption from forum rules. As much as you try to say you respect the opinions of others you are most often the first to engage in caustic responses that disregard the opinions of others, and as often as not violate forum rules.

Now this thread will probably get closed soon enough buy is it possible to actually talk about editing posts and not about me? Your affection towards me is flattering but sadly unrequited.
    Still playing victim I see. Not that it's been the first time.

It's amazing that the vast majority here can discuss and debate without degrading the opinions of others, while others can't seem to respond without insults, cheating the word filters, and in general violating the forum rules. Once again I'll suggest engaging in said discussion and debate in the manner you would prefer people to address you, and you won't find the responses so caustic or insulting. A lot of people on that thread in the F1 section had strong opposing views, yet all but one managed to do so without insulting others. You'll find that poster in a mirror.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Today's Dilbert comic reminded me so much of this thread!

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2010-12-13
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p