Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Edited for accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I'm a Geordie who drives a Fiesta on summer tyres and I smell because I don't have winter tyres
    Edited for accuracy.

Now what's wrong with the above post? It's clear that I have edited Mark's words (in fact I have stated so!) to make a (poor) joke. It's something that's extremely common on other forums and unless you're editing someone elses post to say something clearly offensive then it's always been allowed. Why must be live in the past and not allow things like this?

This all stems from this post I made where I left the link to the original post in place so that people could see the original post and I also stated that an edit was made. So what's the problem?

http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...&postcount=321

Quote Originally Posted by This is definitely not what Mark said
    I'm a Geordie who drives a Fiesta on summer tyres and I smell because I don't have winter tyres
    Is this post any worse/better because it doesn't say that it's Mark that's posted it?

Now it would be nice for there to be a response and not the typical, it's not been allowed in the past so it's not allowed now one that we get. Think about it for a moment, if it's clearly stated that there's an edit and there's nothing clearly offensive in the edit like that mark eats babies or something then who is harmed? As it is now a legitimate and harmless way of having a joke is not being allowed for all the wrong reasons. If someone can point out to me who it harms then I'll gladly stop it but I don't think it harms anyone or anything.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Erm, yes? No? I dunno...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This all stems from this post:

You changed my words, left no link to the original quote and left it attributed to me.

If you had of said:

Originally Posted by skc but modified by Daniel
    Like it or not, the facts are that Piquet cheated as well as being bloody slow and although there is no evidence Alonso was involved (originally read "other thann circumstantial) you do wonder.

Original post changed to make a point intended in humour.

Original post: http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...&postcount=321

Then at least you have made an attempt not to deliberatly edit someones post for your own ends.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Can't allow that on F1 Forum...not even for fun, sorry
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    whinge whinge whingy whinge
    daniel to be honest I also thought some of your "edits" were inappropriate
    On another occasion it took me a split second to realise they were your words and not, for example, a real post caught before being edited by the original poster (as obnoxious as he may have been, but that's a separate issue ).
    Not good manners and very bad netiquette in my view
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Skc. You do realise that when you quote any post on this forum then a link to the post automatically included?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    daniel to be honest I also thought some of your "edits" were inappropriate
    On another occasion it took me a split second to realise they were your words and not, for example, a real post caught before being edited by the original poster (as obnoxious as he may have been, but that's a separate issue ).
    Not good manners and very bad netiquette in my view
    I'll admit that was naughty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    This all stems from this post:

You changed my words, left no link to the original quote and left it attributed to me.

If you had of said:

Then at least you have made an attempt not to deliberatly edit someones post for your own ends.
    When someone says EDITED FOR ACCURACY that means that they are saying that they have edited a post originally posted by the person above. Just because you don't understand something that occurs on most if not all forums doesn't mean that I was trying to be malicious.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Skc. You do realise that you quote any post on this forum then a link to the post automatically included?
    So, everyone needs to read a post now and go back to the original post to ensure you haven't changed it

Can you not appreciate that even after being asked not to do it, being told not to do it, other people claiming your posts are not clearly modified and it is bad etiquette, that perhaps you shouldn't do it?

Do you always need to be right and have the last word even when you have apologised over something?

You can have the last word. You can continue being rude until you receive a ban but please do not quote and modify any more of my posts.

End!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I think we're all getting a bit excited over a little joke, so lets just put it to one side and move on.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums