Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    MW's broken shoulder is old news, is it not And how are his team bosses the last ones to find out anyway

They were obviously too busy being star gazzed by SV by the looks of it
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'm not sure, what Webber had to gain from keeping it in secret from the team boss. If anything, everyone would have understood his struggles at the end of the season better. But then again, maybe he didn't want to play the role of a "victim", but a genuine contender instead, who doesn't need to hide behind excuses even if he is struggling.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I'm not sure, what Webber had to gain from keeping it in secret from the team boss.
    Well on the contrary, he didn't have anything to gain by telling everyone about it.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    MW's broken shoulder is old news, is it not And how are his team bosses the last ones to find out anyway

They were obviously too busy being star gazzed by SV by the looks of it
    I believe you're thinking about when he broke his shoulder at the start of 2009, which was well documented. As opposed to this story, which only broke earlier this week.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Back in my young, wild motocross days, I fractured my shoulder in a non-racing accident. It was painful for 2 days and after that was only painful when force was applied, either pushing or pulling, in certain directions and angles. It was never taped, wrapped, put in any kind of support and I never used a sling of any kind. Oddly enough, sitting on and operating my CZ 250 was quite comfortable, causing no pain, and I continued to race on weekends while healing.

It almost seems like Webber is trying to provoke Horner and the team into releasing him before 2011. He should have informed the team unless the team had already told him to lay off the bike during the season. I believe if I owned a team I would require any driver to provide at his expense an insurance policy that reimbursed the team for real and projected financial damages incurred from the loss of full services from that driver due to outside activities.

Webber was wrong on this one.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I believe you're thinking about when he broke his shoulder at the start of 2009, which was well documented. As opposed to this story, which only broke earlier this week.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Imo a massive error in judgement from Webber.

Needs to understand that although he didn't feel it effected his performance team had a right to know. Particularly considering he needed a few jabs for pain management.

It's not good enough imo. He is a highly paid sportsman and needs to act accordingly. It's not all about him, there are 500 people back at the factory relying on him.

Horner had every reason to be upset and every reason to go to the media. If it was good for Webber to use the media when he was upset surely the same is due to Horner.

I would think Horner has every right to ask/tell Webber not to ride his bike during season, particularly after what happened in Tasmania. The team has enough going on without needing to worry about nursing drivers back to health when they falls of their toys.

An error in judgement from Webber for mine.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Webber must have been struggling to a degree but I wouldn't put his Korea crash down to this. He accelerated his car on a wet kerb which is what Alonso did in Belgium. A driver error as far as I am concerned in that instance. His broken arm might explain his sheer lack of race pace compared to Vettel in the closing rounds though. Theres no point trying to find excuses though and I'm sure Mark wouldn't want this card played.
    Agree 100%. Question is though, did he end up on the kerb because of a little pain which threw him out a little. But, as I said at the time, I agree his out from the GP was a basic driver error for powering while still on the slippery strip.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".