Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

books for offseason?? Overdrive, the zone,

this forum becomes a bunch of boring crap during the offseason when the FIA is not threatening to have some trial or DQ someone like in years past......

so some nice reading might be fun, unless one wants to read about vettell winning some award, photos with his hair all spiked in the air, like he seen a ghost or put his finger in a socket

nice place to start for a list:

http://grandprixchampion.wordpress.com/

INSIDE THE MIND OF A GRAND PRIX CHAMPION, a book about rossi; another is overdrive

Overdrive is a book about being in the zone (not a new concept at all, noted years back by baseball hitters quaterbacks in football, and in the 1980's by Senna, and even in the sixties by Jim Clark)

Other suggestions?????
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    From Drawing Board to Chequered Flag by Tony Southgate

Haven't read it myself yet but by all accounts it is an excellent book.

Also, with the very sad news that he died recently, perhaps it's an appropriate time to read one of Christopher Hilton's books. Here's a selection.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Currently reading The Lost Generation about Roger Williamson, Tom Pryce and Tony Brise. Fascinating reading and scary to see how far F1 has come since then in terms of safety. I also never really realise how good they all were until you see their junior formula success, especially Williamson.

Another one worth getting is Crashed and Byrned, Tommy Byrne's autobiography. The dude was a complete nutter and very quick, amazing how life just screwed him over one thing after the next. I went from reading that to reading Jackie Stewart's Winning is not enough and the contrast between their lives is remarkable. Also a interesting book.

I would also recommend Piers Courage - Last of the Gentleman racers and Williams by Maurice Hamilton.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion: