Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well it may not have said he was #1 in HIS contract but I bet it was in his TEAMATES contract.
    I'm old enough that I don't have to put up with your crap anymore.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonD
    Well it may not have said he was #1 in HIS contract but I bet it was in his TEAMATES contract.
    I bet you have no proof that it was in his team mate's contract!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I thought you weren't a betting man.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Funny thread Ioan. Brawn said bla bla bla. Using someone´s words: You wouldn´t see the truth even if God Himself showed it to you.
    "Denial is the most predictable of all human responses".... but denying the obvious truth? "we are getting aggravated!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Ioan, neither does Ross have any prooof given by the qualification of his statement: "It was never written into his contract that I was aware of."
    Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead... the wicked witch is dead...!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidfeldrulez
    Well... that kind of proves the point Hawkmoon talked about...
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktory
    Well... that kind of proves the point Hawkmoon talked about...
    dunno what you're talk about but you go there, count all the DNFs of MS ex ferrari mates and then go figure :P or alternatively browse Ferrari press-releases as its a well-known and admited thing that (not always perfectly tested) updates are goin in to the number2 car first (renault did that to fisi all the time) so please stop being a waste of time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    of course MS did have the number1 status and it meant way more than just the T-car. It meant that only the perfectly tested and reliable parts went to his car while all the "experiments" were carried out on him teammates. Thats the reason why MS' car was always noticably more reliable.

There is also a a certain amount of brain power/energy/money/time that a team have to deal with and how they allocate it within the team is completly up to them. While Williams for example always tend to go in the fair 50/50 direction, that obviously wasnt the case at Ferrari.

However, there is never going to be a team that is stupid enough to give all these to the slower guy, so at the end of day, MS' status was indeed due to his speed. (the only worrying thing is that his team-mates never really had a fair chance, and they wasnt even extremely talented guys either. This will always shadow MS' achievements (a slight bit), he never really had the classic "within-the-team" battles most champions had to deal with)
    I see it this way also. MS was such a great driver that he would had achieved awfully lot even without nr 1 driver treatment, but that treatment made him even better and made his team-mates look even worse compared to him. He would of beaten them anyway, but now they didnt have any chance.

But hey, its a Ferraris policy, other driver will always be nr 1. And there is nothing wrong with that when the results are what they have been. I believe firmly that as this season progresses Kimi will take that status for years to come.
    - Sinun paras ottaa sanomalehti mukaan, sillä kärjessä tulee olemaan tylsää.
    Red Bull -tallin Mark Webber vihjasi Kimi Räikköselle ennen Australian GP:tä. 19.3.2007.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    I thought you weren't a betting man.
    This is a sure bet!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    dunno what you're talk about but you go there, count all the DNFs of MS ex ferrari mates and then go figure :P or alternatively browse Ferrari press-releases as its a well-known and admited thing that (not always perfectly tested) updates are goin in to the number2 car first (renault did that to fisi all the time) so please stop being a waste of time
    If we would have talked about SuperAguriF1 than you would have got a point, but believe it or not, Ferrari do have the resources to manufacture 2 identical parts in the same time!

Actually MS had better equipment only 2 times, he had the F2003 GA and the F 2005, earlier than RB. In the first case they only had one full car ready as they were not sure if it was ready, and the second time because MS took the risk to race a not yet ready F2005 earlier than it was due (and we all know that it ended with a hydraulic DNF!).

There was a quote from Barrichello last season where he was stating that there was no No. 2 status in his contract and that he was not given inferior equipment by Ferrari. I already posted it last year so searching for it on the forum should be enough.