Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Over MS' No.1 position in the team (no such in the contract)

So Ross Brawn contradicted what many here took for a fact and based their views on: MS having the no 1 clause in the contract!

Michael established his superiority through the natural order of things, by being the fastest.
    It was never written into his contract that I was aware of. The only thing there was, he had first call on the T-car.
    He insisted that "a natural order" will be established this season at Ferrari like always.

Link:
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=30715
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Ahah! The T-car! Just as I suspected! :

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    God himself could come down and say that Michael was never a contractual No. 1 and it still would change many peoples opinion.

It doesn't matter who says what, these people know Schumi had preferential treatment. You might as well give it up ioan, you're never going to change their opinions.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    God himself could come down and say that Michael was never a contractual No. 1 and it still would change many peoples opinion.

It doesn't matter who says what, these people know Schumi had preferential treatment. You might as well give it up ioan, you're never going to change their opinions.
    You might be right Hawk but I know this hurts their ego a bit.
    Proof is they do not even post here and wait for the thread to be swept and forgot in the nostalgia sub-forum!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    So Ross Brawn contradicted what many here took for a fact and based their views on: MS having the no 1 clause in the contract!

He insisted that "a natural order" will be established this season at Ferrari like always.

Link:
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=30715
    You're farting against thunder ioan. Too many idiots, not enough common sense
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    It seems the MS status thing is a is sore subject for the MS supporters. : Others have moved on, why not do the same. That said, according to the article, Brawn didn't say with 100% certainty MS had no contractual number 1 status, he wasn't the head of Ferrari, nor the team, so he wouldn't necessary know of such a clause, neither would i expect him coming out and "admit" it if there was.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    And there's also the possibility that while Schumacher's contract didn't specify no. 1 status, Barrichello's contract specified no. 2 status.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    of course MS did have the number1 status and it meant way more than just the T-car. It meant that only the perfectly tested and reliable parts went to his car while all the "experiments" were carried out on him teammates. Thats the reason why MS' car was always noticably more reliable.

There is also a a certain amount of brain power/energy/money/time that a team have to deal with and how they allocate it within the team is completly up to them. While Williams for example always tend to go in the fair 50/50 direction, that obviously wasnt the case at Ferrari.

However, there is never going to be a team that is stupid enough to give all these to the slower guy, so at the end of day, MS' status was indeed due to his speed. (the only worrying thing is that his team-mates never really had a fair chance, and they wasnt even extremely talented guys either. This will always shadow MS' achievements (a slight bit), he never really had the classic "within-the-team" battles most champions had to deal with)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidfeldrulez
    of course MS did have the number1 status and it meant way more than just the T-car. It meant that only the perfectly tested and reliable parts went to his car while all the "experiments" were carried out on him teammates. Thats the reason why MS' car was always noticably more reliable.

Link please....
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktory
    Link please....
    http://www.f1.com