Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podium Style

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Podium Style

Being from the U.S., and not having much local coverage of WRC racing, I took to the internet to give me some perspective on the history of WRC. Being fortunate to find all of the FIA WRC reviews from 1982 to the present, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching these season end reviews multiple times. Given that, there is so much I could talk about and discuss with some of you "professional" fans but one of the more humorous things that stands out to me is the actions of the winning drivers on the podium after the race. Of the drivers who often found themselves on the podium after a race, there were some obvious winners and losers in the "spraying of the champagne"! In my opinion, there weren't many who could match Tommi Mäkinen for his podium style! Thoughts?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was never on my mind rating rally drivers for their podium style. Really?

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    are you serious about this ???

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    I think its an interesting perspective! I have to do some research about this and get back to this later. One thing came to my mind, who was the driver who refused to drink champagne on the podium and had milk instead?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Lindstroem
    I think its an interesting perspective! I have to do some research about this and get back to this later. One thing came to my mind, who was the driver who refused to drink champagne on the podium and had milk instead?
    Ari Vatanen. Not so much refusing, it was more a sponsor related thing.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Fellow American here and not something I really ever thought about, but...

I was watching Gronholm's first win ever (sweden 2000 if I remember correctly) But I laughed hysterically when He was swinging his lanky arms and legs and spraying Champagne on the podium
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One of the best celebrations was (and it wasnt on the podium) when Gronholm beat loeb by less than a second in New Zealand on that SSS, Marcus`s expression was like "hell yeah take that you frenchie!"

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Petters celebrations after taking the crown in 03, is fantastic !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107
    Fellow American here and not something I really ever thought about, but...

I was watching Gronholm's first win ever (sweden 2000 if I remember correctly) But I laughed hysterically when He was swinging his lanky arms and legs and spraying Champagne on the podium
    Exactly! It seems a Japanese driver won Rally Africa sometime in the early/mid-90s and had no idea how to spray the champagne. He was shaking the bottle without his thumb over the opening and was obviously very confused as to how the entire process worked. Laughed myself right out of my chair.

Monasti

Monastic wow powerleveling big enough toil, so such can wow accounts be knocked over a desk, but buy wow gold also do not mending ... ... At this cheap wow gold case, Meng came out latish displace wow gold whispered: "Asia Crony, it seems .