Page 437 of 492 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 4916
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    We also got into Europa League through fair play and this season have about 7 red cards in 9 games..... lol
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Vermaelen scored (finally started playing regularly - mainly due to Pique being red carded) so 1-0 win at home.

Juve lost to Roma now
    I was flipping channels and saw the last 10 mins of this one!
    where's pino?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    BVB have started really strong this season. I doubt they can keep up but I do hope.

Man Utd won't win anything this year either. I used to like the fact that they were never big spenders (compared with other big clubs) but I guess it's really hard to be competitive without throwing ridiculous amounts of money left and right with the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Barcelona and the worst of all, Real Madrid around. They seem to be bad at it however. It looks like they just stumble upon players and buy them without any plan in mind. They have the midfield clogged up while the attack... well, there's no attack at the moment.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    BVB have started really strong this season. I doubt they can keep up but I do hope.

Man Utd won't win anything this year either. I used to like the fact that they were never big spenders (compared with other big clubs) but I guess it's really hard to be competitive without throwing ridiculous amounts of money left and right with the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Barcelona and the worst of all, Real Madrid around. They seem to be bad at it however. It looks like they just stumble upon players and buy them without any plan in mind. They have the midfield clogged up while the attack... well, there's no attack at the moment.
    Man Utd's transfer strategy has been a complete shambles since Ed Woodward took control. But the Premier League is just a complete joke in general at the moment.

The team that finishes bottom of the EPL will get more money in TV rights revenues than Bayern Munich will, and almost all the English teams are obsessed with spending this money on expensive average players.

United have bought this 19 year old Frenchman I've never heard of for £30+million and sent their own youth academy star, Adnan Januzaj, out on loan. What is this all about?

They splash out millions of pounds without thinking about it because of the ridiculous money that is in the game. £30million is peanuts to Man Utd. They can waste their money and still expect fans to pay £40 for League Cup tickets against Ipswich Town.

Why do the top clubs even bother with youth academies anymore?
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

So 22m for Pedro was too much and 36m for some unknown isn't? Andy Carroll pt 2.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Maybe the problem was that with Pedro they would have had enough midfielders to make a team only of midfielders. Paying 36m for that guy was a bet but they can afford it.

Andy Carroll was not that young and LIverpool didn't have that much cash back then. Other than that it's completely the same.

Actually, while Man Utd are doing an awful job on the transfer market there's some comfort that Liverpool is way worse. They've replaced Torres with Carroll and Suarez with Balotelli ))))

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    I'm back comrades

Tsipras, work and vacation kept me away.

Well done to Ernesto Valverde for exploiting crappy Barca Swiss cheese defence!

I missed most of the developments. I need to catch up!

8. Likes: Storm (3rd September 2015)
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odykas View Post
    I'm back comrades
    Welcome back, I was about to report your absence on- Whatever happened to- thread.
    We'll play against each other on 7th September.

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    Welcome back, I was about to report your absence on- Whatever happened to- thread.
    We'll play against each other on 7th September.
    I was about to say that nobody missed me

^I did, but you are an idiot who does not check fb/pm etc

btw BigBen, Pedro is not a midfielder!
    Though Luis Enrique did want to turn him into a wing back this season
    Still your comment about Balo replacing Suarez etc is spot on