Page 30 of 492 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMGsP...yer_detailpage

If anyone has a chance to see the sub-17 World Cup semi-final between Germany and Mexico, you should see it. It was a fantastic game from start to finish at any level.

Mexico took the lead in third minute and Germany equalized a few minutes later. Germany scored to take the lead in the second half, and then Mexico tied on a goal directly off a corner kick in the 75th minute. On that same play Julio Gomez banged heads with a German defender and was carried off the field bleeding. All the subs had been used so he came back on later with his head wrapped in bandages and in a finish fit for a hokey Hollywood script scored off a bicycle kick in the 90th minute to win the game and send Mexico to the final.

It's available in its entirety on ESPN3 if you get it on the internet, check it out if you can you won't be disappointed.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Is there an Aston Villa fan out there who can explain to me why they sold Downing and Young? Who in the hell are they going to use to be a threat on the outside of the penalty area??

Is Randy Lerner looking to get relegated?
    These are idiot moves IMO...
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    Copa America

. . . . . .

I now officially have Copa America fever.

Very cool!

mokin:
    Dang! Colombia is out - Argentina (Messi) is out - Brazil is out . . . . .

Hopefully some good football will come out of what is left of this cup.
    mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think I read somewhere once that the advantage of the player versus the goalkeeper on penalty kicks is something like 80%. You wouldn't have thought that yesterday after watching Brazil and the US Women's team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    I think I read somewhere once that the advantage of the player versus the goalkeeper on penalty kicks is something like 80%. You wouldn't have thought that yesterday after watching Brazil and the US Women's team.
    Yes . . . the goalie from Japan guessed the first two and the third one was just too much adrenaline from the US player.

I will rationalize and accept the US woman's loss (boy, there are some hotties on that team!) by recognizing that Japan needs an emotional boost and they also have a great football team.

Good for them!
    mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Naturally, I was pulling for the US, but I wasn't unhappy that the Japanese team won. It certainly means a lot to their whole country.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    As someone who regularly plays as a goalkeeper I have a few techniques for facing penalty kicks.

If you wait until the ball is struck before you move then by the time you react the ball will already be in the back of the net. The best thing to do is look at the shooters eyes to see where in the goal they are looking just before they run up to kick the ball. Making yourself big by waving your arms around can distract the penalty taker, but a well placed kick is usually impossible to save.

I always like to hand the ball directly to penalty taker, giving them lots of eye contact, trying to make their adrenaline boil over.

Saving a penatly is just as big a thrill as scoring the winning goal.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Maybe you should give Tottenham a call!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    It's here!!!! Finally it's here.......and I'm sat at home having to listen on the radio Shame to start the season with an away game, would've been nice to spend the afternoon in the pub and then watching some football but thems the breaks. Got L1 new boys Stevenage today, it's like the good ole days of the conference again, hopefully a win to start the season but I'm not putting money on it, Exeter have a habit of starting the season slowly.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I drove past Elland Road today and they still have the back of one of the stands missing. Did no one tell them the season starts today?
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p