Page 39 of 492 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    I guess I'm a plastic living in Memphis TN.
    Very much so, but not to worry the vast majority of Debt Utd fans have never been to Manchester let alone Old Trout farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    On Saturday, MUFC's back five cost more than MCFC... £29.1 million for Ferdinand remember?

I refer you to the famous racial discrimination case of Pot vs Kettle.
    Yep this is what makes it so much fun to watch one chequebook team beaten by another. Fergie hasn't relied on his skill since he left Aberdeen.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    On Saturday, MUFC's back five cost more than MCFC... £29.1 million for Ferdinand remember?

I refer you to the famous racial discrimination case of Pot vs Kettle.
    What about the rest of the team?

I'm interested in what success BM thinks Man City had before their sugar daddies. I know that they got promoted from Div 2 and Div 1...but that's only because they ended up there in the first place.

And I'd also like to see the balance sheets that show Arsenal to be promoting self-sustaining football!! Also a nice assertion that they play better football. While I'll admit that Arsenal do play a very pretty and enjoyable style it's not exactly scintilating...I mean you're far more likely to get an exciting game at OT than at the Emirates. And shirley the better football is the more successful football?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Did you see the team the scum fielded against Aldershot tonight, well over £100m to play Aldershot FFS.

Re City - From Wikipedia, wasn't difficult was it?

League
    Football League First Division (first tier)[90]
    Winners (2): 1936–37, 1967–68
    Runners-up (3): 1903–04, 1920–21, 1976–77
    Football League Second Division / Football League First Division (second tier)
    Winners (7): (record): 1898–99, 1902–03, 1909–10, 1927–28, 1946–47, 1965–66, 2001–02
    Runners-up (4): 1895–96, 1950–51, 1988–89, 1999–2000
    Football League Third Division / Football League Second Division (third tier)
    Play-off winners: 1998–99
    Cup
    FA Cup
    Winners (5): 1904, 1934, 1956, 1969, 2011
    Runners-up (4): 1926, 1933, 1955, 1981
    League Cup
    Winner (2): 1970, 1976
    Runners-up (1): 1974
    Charity Shield
    Winners (3): 1937, 1968, 1972
    Runners-up (5): 1934, 1956, 1969, 1973, 2011
    Full Members Cup
    Runners-up (1): 1986
    European
    UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
    Winners (1): 1970

Google will have the latest balance sheet / shareholders report but safe to say that they are well ahead of schedule paying off Ashburton and managed that whilst still being in Champions League and contention for League FA carling cup etc.

Relying on the Ref to gift you a penalty or 10 extra minutes of extra time is hardly enthralling. Hoofing it up route one may get a result but is crap to watch.

What has Shirley got to do with owt?

All those stats prove is that City hadn't done anything of note in the 2 decades preceeding their new owners....other than the time that they spent out of the Premiership around the turn of the century.

As for the accounts that are released...well I'm sat on the lav as I write this and I'm probably producing more reliable information

Incidentally this is because I'm of the opinion that at least 80 of the 92 league clubs are operating at a loss (before taking into account the director's loans etc.). Football just isn't a good business to be in.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Let me spell this out to you as you seem to struggle reading

4 times FA Cup winners
    2 times League Cup winners
    3 times Charity Shield winners
    1 times UEFA Cup winners
    2 times top flight league winners

All pre moneybags, follow that? Granted it is not as impressive a record as debt U, Arsenal, Liverpool but it's nothing to be ashamed of, only a complete pillock would say they never won anything prior to being rich.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ed-31-may-2011

Again only a complete pillock would think Arsenal are not being run prudently.

If 80 aren't then 12 are, doh!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    RE Arsenal and attractive football.

Maybe for the past decade they have played nice football. But in the 90's I remember the 'Boring Boring Arsenal' chants as they were a team set up to defend.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    RE Arsenal and attractive football.

Maybe for the past decade they have played nice football. But in the 90's I remember the 'Boring Boring Arsenal' chants as they were a team set up to defend.
    Nick Hornby even writes about that in Fever Pitch.
    Arsenal's previous stadium was nicknamed "Highbury the Library" because the fans made such little noise at home games.
    Highbury was the only stadium that I know which has had a murder mystery set in it.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Let me spell this out to you as you seem to struggle reading

4 times FA Cup winners
    2 times League Cup winners
    3 times Charity Shield winners
    1 times UEFA Cup winners
    2 times top flight league winners

All pre moneybags, follow that? Granted it is not as impressive a record as debt U, Arsenal, Liverpool but it's nothing to be ashamed of, only a complete pillock would say they never won anything prior to being rich.
    But all the ones of note are over 30 years old! You can't seriously be linking that 'pre-moneybags' success to the current crop of over paid imports? At face value they were successful before the rich boys got involved, but it was so long ago that it really doesn't help any of your arguments.

And I'm aware that 92-80=12...but those rough figures were merely to highlight how big I think the problem is within the sport. And no Arsenal aren't one of the ones that I believe are run right, I don't think any club with a recently built stadium can be said to be in good financial health.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Aye under GG it was a tad dull but Boring Boring Arsenal pre dates GG, but somebody said on here the results were all that matters (glory chaser no doubt).

Emirates isn't any better, too many corporate prawn sandwiches and stewards, thanks to ManUre.

And don't forget the renaming of a tube station and televised matches, Arsenal were trail blazers.

I said they had won stuff in the past, they have - FACT

If you don't think Arsenal are run right financially then you've really no idea what you are talking about. They are the model the rest must follow, UEFA have said as much several times, but hey what would they know compared with a ManUre loving Exeter fan ;-)

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Nick Hornby even writes about that in Fever Pitch.
    I read that a few weeks ago...and yes apparently they were the dullest team about...Bolton or Stoke of the 70s,80s I guess.
    I have only ever seen them in the Wenger era, what with satellite tv co-inciding with the Premier League. on recent news, I missed the 6-1 mauling but that put a smile on my face alright (not that I want City to dominate with all their money, but its good to see you-know-who suffer for a change)
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: