Page 85 of 492 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Billionaire Russian Oil FC beats Billionaire American Food Processing FC to the title.

I think it strange that the World Service has had people complaining all over the world that "City" have bought a title when United pretty well much did exactly the same thing with the initial IPO in 1991. Football in England has really been a "big business" thing ever since the creation of the Premier League. Heck even BSkyB had a tilt at trying to buy Man Utd in 1999 before the Monopolies Commission blocked it.
    The difference is that United only ever spent 'their' money, not from a billionaire investor and nowhere near the levels that City or Chelsea ever spent. Uniteds wealth was earned from being successful and having a huge fan-base (a huge fan-base even before the Fergie era), and their most successful team was made up of academy players who cost next to nothing.

The Abu Dhabi United Group would never have bought Man City if they hadn't been given the Manchester City Council stadium.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    The difference is that United only ever spent 'their' money, not from a billionaire investor and nowhere near the levels that City or Chelsea ever spent. Uniteds wealth was earned from being successful and having a huge fan-base (a huge fan-base even before the Fergie era), and their most successful team was made up of academy players who cost next to nothing.

The Abu Dhabi United Group would never have bought Man City if they hadn't been given the Manchester City Council stadium.
    Couldn't agree more. United spends money United earned. City spends sugar daddy's money. Sometimes it looks as if they are buying players just to make sure they don't end up playing for rival teams....

like someone else said... it looks as if Mancini should have applied for the Wenger's job because it seems he wants to be Arsenal's manager rather than City's (related to rumors he's after RVP now)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So glad that Man City won the league as I absolutely hate Man U. Yes I am one of those non-UK odd one outs that don't support Man U as we know that is where their main support is, everywhere but Manchester and England. BTW - I am a southampton supporter (check my profile) and extremely thrilled about the Saints back in top flight football again

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Well done Man City

I hope the Italians follow the example. Go Torino F.C. :

Quote Originally Posted by darwin553
    So glad that Man City won the league as I absolutely hate Man U. Yes I am one of those non-UK odd one outs that don't support Man U as we know that is where their main support is, everywhere but Manchester and England. BTW - I am a southampton supporter (check my profile) and extremely thrilled about the Saints back in top flight football again
    That old nutshell

Anyone who is from Manchester or regularly goes to Manchester knows that there is about a 50/50 split between City and United supporters within the region. Indeed, some research on facebook showed that Manchester based United fans outnumbered City fans by 3:1! United, ever since since the Busby Babes, have just had many supporters from away from their home aswell.

England Squad for EURO 2012

GK-Robert Green, Joe Hart, John Ruddy

DEF-Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry

MID-Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott , Ashley Young

FOR-Andy Carroll, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Welbeck, Jermain Defoe

Utter garbage!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Just a clarification, Jon, you think the England squad is utter garbage, or are you referring to darwin's comments?
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    surely he means the squad and the manager as they are crap.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    Just a clarification, Jon, you think the England squad is utter garbage, or are you referring to darwin's comments?
    The England sqaud!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    2012 is going to be a fantastic footballing year. Exeter relegated and England fielding one of the worst squads possible. I was all for supporting Hodgson but it's crazy how he can claim to leave Ferdinand for 'footballing reasons' while still taking John Terry, a man who hasn't successfully put his foot on a ball in 12 months. He'll happily leave behind Peter Crouch, a player that is scoring, and instead take Andy Carroll, a player who is **** and not scoring...and don't get me started on Stuart f***ing Downing, he's a useless ****, he has always been a useless **** and playing under 'King' Kenny (someone who is also f***ing useless but who you can't say anything bad about because Liverpool fans will get all uppity) has made him even more useless. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....although Exeter have signed Alan Gow and got rid of Daniel Nardiello, so it's not all bad.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't remember me of football. The team that I support (Palmeiras) has not won an important title in many years!
    "He's the master of going faster..." (George Harrison)