View Poll Results: Who was the best of 2010 ?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alonso

14 26.92%
  • Barrichello

0 0%
  • Button

0 0%
  • Hamilton

11 21.15%
  • Hulkenberg

0 0%
  • Kubica

5 9.62%
  • Massa

1 1.92%
  • Rosberg

1 1.92%
  • Vettel

14 26.92%
  • Webber

6 11.54%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I Voted for Lewis - and I admit I am unashamedly biassed.

However, if you consider the following, you can see a little method in my madness.......

The McLaren was never the best car in 2010, and on occasion it was, at best, mediocre.

When the McLaren was at its worst, Lewis got the best out of it.

Lewis did not have the benefit of his team pulling in his direction to the detriment of Jenson.

Conserve fuel, do you understand, you are low on fuel.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Vettel was the best for me, although in truth you could make a case for either Hamilton or Alonso as well.

Ok so the Red Bull was by far the best car of 2010 but still, winning the championship is very difficult. Sebastian had some great momentum in the second half of the season - he would have won 4 races in a row if it weren't for that engine failure in Korea. Spa and Turkey were probably his biggest mistakes, but his drives in Japan, Brazil and Abu Dhabi were faultless.

Personally I wouldn't put Alonso first despite his amazing comeback. I thought Singapore was one of the finest victories of his career, it was just vintage Fernando. Some of his recovery drives in the first part of the season were very good too such as Monaco, Malaysia and Australia. His mistakes were a bit baffling though - the jump start in China, the quali farce in Malaysia and that strategy error in Abu Dhabi (yes I include Fernando in that as he is part of the team).

Hamilton was definitely the standout driver at the beginning of the year, and his victories in Spa and Canada were simply brilliant. I wouldn't put him first though because of the timing of his errors. The mistake in Monza was stupid, ok the incident Singapore was 50/50 but he also had tyre management issues in Brazil and Korea. On balance, though, I think Lewis and Fernando had very similar seasons just Lewis' mistakes came when it mattered more.

My top five:

1. Vettel
    2. Alonso
    3. Hamilton
    4. Kubica
    5. Webber
    Fernando Alonso :: Mika Hakkinen
    ▪Kubica.:Raikkonen:.Vettel▪

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverArrows
    Personally I wouldn't put Alonso first despite his amazing comeback. I thought Singapore was one of the finest victories of his career, it was just vintage Fernando. Some of his recovery drives in the first part of the season were very good too such as Monaco, Malaysia and Australia. His mistakes were a bit baffling though - the jump start in China, the quali farce in Malaysia and that strategy error in Abu Dhabi (yes I include Fernando in that as he is part of the team).
    Quite frankly, I don't see how the Malaysia qualifying nor the Abu Dhabi strategy error could be his mistakes. I don't think that Alonso had all the weather data Ferrari had in order to make a decision, neither do I believe that he knew about all track positions and time gaps before doing his pitstop.

However, he did have a part in Australia, Monaco and Great Britain. It can be argued that he was unlucky in these occasions (Australia, Monaco) or that the team made it worse (Great Britain), but they certainly were more of his fault that Malaysia and Abu Dhabi were.