View Poll Results: Who was the best of 2010 ?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alonso

14 26.92%
  • Barrichello

0 0%
  • Button

0 0%
  • Hamilton

11 21.15%
  • Hulkenberg

0 0%
  • Kubica

5 9.62%
  • Massa

1 1.92%
  • Rosberg

1 1.92%
  • Vettel

14 26.92%
  • Webber

6 11.54%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Vettel made mistakes.
    Alonso made mistakes.
    Webber also had unforced mistakes.
    Hamilton also kept running into other cars for a few races.
    Of course there was plenty of mistakes but you have to analyse which were the lesser or greater evils and balance out different merits and variables.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    All championship contenders made a lot of mistakes this year, so it is hard to choose. If I have to vote, I am split between Alonso and Hamilton, they both remained in the fight till the very end. Cause I am biased I will agree about Alonso.
    BTW, it is in a second year in a row when the champion loses the poll. I think that last year Button was not the winner.
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Of course there was plenty of mistakes but you have to analyse which were the lesser or greater evils and balance out different merits and variables.
    You mean that we should throw in a truck load of subjectivity (i.e. balance of different merits ) ?
    No thanks.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    BTW, it is in a second year in a row when the champion loses the poll. I think that last year Button was not the winner.
    Becoming WDC doesn't necessarily mean you were the 'best' driver that year. I remember Schumi was regarded as the best driver of 1996 and quite rightly so.

To be the 'best' you not only need to destroy the field when you have the best car but you need maximise the car AKA out driving the car when you don't have race winning car.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    What a useless poll... So Alonso gets the nod guys by a margin of 20.4% to 19.7% form the opinions of just 12 men.

I sure Vettel is gutted by the result; all he got was a lousy WDC title. I wonder who Horner voted for...?
    Chill dude. It's just for fun
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Like in the last three years, again a very difficult choice. Five drivers stand out to me: Alonso, Hamilton, Kubica, Rosberg, Vettel. Eventually my vote went to Kubica, both him and Nico are vastly under-appreciated in this poll, but generally could have chosen anyone.

Alonso (almost) made up for his mistakes in the first half and put in some great drives. Hamilton on the other hand had a brilliant 2/3 of the season, but then slightly dropped the ball (Monza crash plus letting Alonso past him easily in some final races).

Kubica and Rosberg were completely different. Very few mistakes and seemed to be extracting the best out of the car most of the time. And both of them almost beat Massa in WDC standings. But they lacked a team-mate performing on top of their game, which leaves people in doubt.

Vettel may have seemed slightly inferior to Alonso/Hamilton (won the WDC so narrowly despite a superior car), but I think the amount of his driving mistakes was overblown during the season - there were a couple of them, but that's not too dramatic. However, have to admit that his skills to deal with wheel-to-wheel racing remain continually in doubt compared to the four above.

Quote Originally Posted by skc
    How did Vettel get rated above Hamilton???????

Best cat by a country mile, preferential treatment within the team and he only squeaked it at the last race against the odds.

Luckiest driver of the year is more accurate.
    Luckiest drivers do not suffer frequent car failures from race leads.

--

Regarding the vote of team principals', I have to say that generally this one pole position has clouded the judgement on the rest of Hülkenberg's season. Rating the full season of 2010, I'd rate also the likes of Kovalainen and Glock as superior to Hulk.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Chill dude. It's just for fun
    duly noted... mokin:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Someone chose Massa as the best? We are voting on 2010, and not 2008 right?
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Alonso only won the poll because he got some of Massa's points
    yeah just when I was going to vote for Massa, a strange voice started saying over and over...."Alonso is best, do you undertstand....," and even when I voted for Massa despite the pressure, , the talley went up one up for massa, then suddenly, a second later, it went down by one for Massa and the talley went one up for fa...... strange......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I Voted for Lewis - and I admit I am unashamedly biassed.

However, if you consider the following, you can see a little method in my madness.......

The McLaren was never the best car in 2010, and on occasion it was, at best, mediocre.

When the McLaren was at its worst, Lewis got the best out of it.

Lewis did not have the benefit of his team pulling in his direction to the detriment of Jenson.

The Red Bull clearly was the class of the field, and the design team kept it that way for pretty much every race. I don't recall there being one racetrack where that car was off the front running pace.

Ferrari were all clamouring to get up Alonso's harris - I will concede that Fernando did put in some top notch drives, but he made too many mistakes in the first half of the season which tainted his revival for me.

Vettel was lucky - I'm not taking away his excellent performances, but he had the support of the team psychologically, and despite the best efforts of the cars unreliability and some dumb mistakes, he took the title. It was deserved however.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.