Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scott Speed dropped by Red Bull

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88555

Speed released by Red Bull

By Diego Mejia
    Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 15:41 GMT

---------------------------------------------

Scott Speed has been released by Red Bull, leaving the Californian out of a ride in the Sprint Cup series for 2011.

According to Speed's twitter feed, he got a termination letter from Red Bull last week, which he claimed to be "not huge surprise".

Continues .....

2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    My immediate thought to this is that I dont want him to pick up another NASCAR ride; He should go to Indy Car. He's got open wheel experience obviously and i think he'd be an interesting addition over there.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    My immediate thought to this is that I dont want him to pick up another NASCAR ride; He should go to Indy Car. He's got open wheel experience obviously and i think he'd be an interesting addition over there.
    I doubt he'll go to Indy Car. He's used to getting paid to drive, not the other way around.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Other alternatives would be Grand-Am or ALMS or LMS.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    He was an interesting dude...but in the end, NASCAR for him didn't suit him. He just never seemed to get better once that first year was gone...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He never got better, possibly because Red Bull never got better either. If he is serious about NASCAR I think he should try to get a full ride with Kyle Busch's truck team (who I've heard he is good personal friends with) & run for the Truck championship, and them run every Nationwide & Cup race he can get a ride for, even if he has to run for free.

Kyle Busch's trucks are first rate - if SS can win & challenge for the championship, he can probably make it back to Cup. If not, he probably needs to try some other career path.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    e2 I think you are right. He will try for a Sprint Cup ride but they are harder and harder to get and he just has not produced for whatever reason. So he tries for Nationwide or truck. Nationwide is full of guys on the way up or doing double duty plus a female posseur. Truck is the best bet.
    Failing that it will be ALMS (unlikely) or Grand Am with greatly reduced paychecks. Or retirement.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    He never got better, possibly because Red Bull never got better either. If he is serious about NASCAR I think he should try to get a full ride with Kyle Busch's truck team (who I've heard he is good personal friends with) & run for the Truck championship, and them run every Nationwide & Cup race he can get a ride for, even if he has to run for free.

Kyle Busch's trucks are first rate - if SS can win & challenge for the championship, he can probably make it back to Cup. If not, he probably needs to try some other career path.
    What needs to happen is for someone to convince him to swallow his pride and drop back to the NW or Truck's. I like the Trucks, but the depth of field in NW is a bit deeper....

Hard to say. I suspect he made enough money in the last 5 years in F1 and Cup that he really doesn't HAVE to work again, but he does have a standard of living he would love to keep I am sure!
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Speed suing Red Bull: UPDATE:

According to a tweet by Scott Speed, "today should be the day my lawyer files this lawsuit against Red Bull...Had to tell my loyal twitter followers before they saw it online". In a later post he made clear that he is looking for a ride for next season, "Sure not easy to find something when u start looking in December but we workin on it! Ill keep ya posted. sure we will find something".(12-8-2010)
    Wow

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20101208c
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1

Speed released by Red Bull

By Diego Mejia
    Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 15:41 GMT

---------------------------------------------

Scott Speed has been released by Red Bull, leaving the Californian out of a ride in the Sprint Cup series for 2011.

According to Speed's twitter feed, he got a termination letter from Red Bull last week, which he claimed to be "not huge surprise".

Continues .....

Great lol