Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Official 2011 entry list

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88534

10 seats still available...very exciting, but I am glad for Trulli :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ummmm....we're missing quite a few names in there.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    No real suprises, but any reason why Schumacher is no.7 and Rosberg no.8? Surely Rosberg has earned the title of first driver after this season.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Looks like we're finally shot of the BMW Sauber name, what a horrible, horrible name that was. Glad to see Renault and Team Lotus in there, although I worry that might change...

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Hopefully the newly crowned DTM Champion - Paul DiResta will finally get a seat.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Looks like we're finally shot of the BMW Sauber name, what a horrible, horrible name that was. Glad to see Renault and Team Lotus in there, although I worry that might change...
    my centiments exactly.

I also have a question; will Virgin still be registered as British, or will they be down as Russin for next year?
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    No real suprises, but any reason why Schumacher is no.7 and Rosberg no.8? Surely Rosberg has earned the title of first driver after this season.
    Schumacher likes odd numbers and Rosberg probably doesn't give a sh*t.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Yawn... let it go for petes sake, teams come and go and names change even when the team dosen't. BMW's time in F1 was OK, not stellar but not disastereous by a long way...

Had the Parent BMW Group not shifted it's core goal to more eco-freindly image BMW, I have no doubt would have been stronger than their final year showed.

As for Sauber, BMW had no say in keeping the name that was the FIA, I sure BMW would have prefered to see the name dropped once they departed just as much as Sauber wanted it.

Anyway... back on topic, Is the published list meant also to be the car number each driver will race, The FIA I am guessing only go by what the teams submit. The list also has Jenson #3 and Lewis #4.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    So what have we got left

RENAULT: 1 seat
    Cant see it being anyone other than Vitaly Petrov to be honest

WILLIAMS: 1 seat
    The longer it goes on, the more I think it'll be Pastor Maldonado

FORCE INDIA: 2 seats
    Not really sure about who'll get one of them but im fairly confident the other will be Paul di Resta

TORO ROSSO: 2 seats
    Seeing they have Buemi and Alguersuari under contract for 2011 im suprised they left both entries blank, maybe Mateschitz is having 2nd thoughts on one of them (probably Buemi)

HRT: 2 seats
    Drivers I think at the moment are the last thing on their mind, wondering wether they'll even be on the grid is more important for them in my view.

MARUSSIA VIRGIN: 2 seats
    Timo Glock I think is a shoe in for the lead seat but I think the new shareholders Marussia will probably want a Russian driver in the 2nd car and that makes me lean towards Mikhail Aleshin (the 2010 Renault World Series champ) getting the seat.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Force India could be Nico Hulkenberg.