Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    If Buemi doesn't up his game and Ricciardo does exceptionally well in Friday Practice, yes, he probably will be out.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    I cant think of one memorable Buemi moment/performance in his F1 career AT ALL . . . .
    Interesting that the most impressive moment I can remember from Buemi's F1 career so far, is his very first F1 race, where he finished 7th (although with the help of a lot of attrition) and beat Bourdais.

Also after his third race (China) Buemi got a fair bit of praise and was considered to be a serious future prospect. Someone (guess that was Garry Walker) considered him to be already a match to Vettel.

Overall another example of a driver to show that a hazy early promise means nothing in the long run. Especially as he didn't have a groundbreaking junior record to back it up.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Complete waste of Ricciardo's time. He needs to be in a race seat NOW. With proper pre-season testing, he can turn some heads in 2011. He is ready NOW. Screw GP2.
    This
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    BMW gave Vettel his breakthrough into F1 while RBR were cocooning Coulthard.
    very true...but STR took him on for a full time race seat to develop him after that. and it worked....
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    very true...but STR took him on for a full time race seat to develop him after that. and it worked....
    BMW wanted to have him for a full race seat too however Red Bull had an option on him and snapped him up after his first F1 race with BMW.
    My point is only that RBR didn't give him his break through BMW did, and even when he joined the RBR family they only put him in an STR.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    BMW wanted to have him for a full race seat too however Red Bull had an option on him and snapped him up after his first F1 race with BMW.
    My point is only that RBR didn't give him his break through BMW did, and even when he joined the RBR family they only put him in an STR.
    In that case-we are agreed. My point was that STR served a purpose for Vettel-letting him develop before going on to better things
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It's a shame, as this trend of getting rid of drivers mid-season does nothing for STR's credibility, and Buemi does have the knack of producing solid results when you least expect it.

Alguersuari is probably a better prospect than Buemi, but the Swiss will be in his third season in 2011 and will surely raise his game accordingly.

As for Ricciardo, he hasn't been great in the few races I've seen him in, but he can obviously handle F1 machinery. I really think he should be in GP2 racing full time, as it never helps the current race drivers when another guy is taking their track time.

Paul Di Resta undoubtedly is a good driver, but I think Force India dropped the ball by taking time off of Liuzzi and Sutil, especially as both of their performances dropped off a fair bit in the second half of the season.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    BMW were sorted for drivers at the time though. In 2007 Heidfeld was in the form of his career so far, and Kubica may as well be considered as an equal of Vettel anyway.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody

Paul Di Resta undoubtedly is a good driver, but I think Force India dropped the ball by taking time off of Liuzzi and Sutil, especially as both of their performances dropped off a fair bit in the second half of the season.
    This

Either stick Paul in the race seat or let the race drivers get on with their work.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Complete waste of Ricciardo's time. He needs to be in a race seat NOW. With proper pre-season testing, he can turn some heads in 2011. He is ready NOW. Screw GP2.
    Preach it brother!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011