Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ken Anderson looking to develop a new Indycar Aero Kit?

Im frantically looking around for the link I saw of this day before yesterday yet news was that Ken Anderson (USF1, Falcon Cars) is looking at developing an IndyCar aero kit for the new regs.

Anyone else heard of this or have any further info?

Who knows, maybe itl be 3rd time lucky for him by way of his recently designed 'big league' cars?

Id strangely like to see it happen if it was done right.

For all his flaws in business and people/team management, one thing I can say for both the USF1 design (on paper/CAD at least) and in particular for the Falcon Indycar which ALOT of people shared this upcoming view on at the time of its first unveiling, Ken Anderson can sure design an awesome looking, sleek, pretty race-car.....now I know you actually then have to follow through and build the damn thing yet always appreciated the visual appeal of his racers.
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if he gets starte dnow, it might be ready by 2015

jk, I hope he can get it done. I always loved the look of the Falcon, really too bad it never got on the track.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Ken Anderson.....lol
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A big problem with the Falcon wasn't so much the car itself but the system they had at the time. IIRC only 3 manufacturers were allowed to build cars for 2003, with incumbents Dallara and G-Force obviously being two of them. I seem to remember Lola and Penske getting turned down for Falcon, when surely the latter two could have made a better fist of making an impact on the market. Didn't Falcon actually get a car built but there were no takers with everyone preferring to stick with what they knew (Dallara and G-Force)?

It seems the situation with the aero kits is there are no cap on the number of producers providing they meet the rules and are available for a set price?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    A big problem with the Falcon wasn't so much the car itself but the system they had at the time. IIRC only 3 manufacturers were allowed to build cars for 2003, with incumbents Dallara and G-Force obviously being two of them. I seem to remember Lola and Penske getting turned down for Falcon, when surely the latter two could have made a better fist of making an impact on the market. Didn't Falcon actually get a car built but there were no takers with everyone preferring to stick with what they knew (Dallara and G-Force)?
    Ive spoken with some guys who worked at Falcon at the time it was operating and apparently a big part was also to do with Toyota and Honda insisting to their teams that they ran with Dallaras as the main proven chassis at the time and that this put a strain on getting customers.

Quote Originally Posted by V12
    It seems the situation with the aero kits is there are no cap on the number of producers providing they meet the rules and are available for a set price?
    Would seem that way, huh - So far:

- Dallara
    - Chevrolet
    - Lotus
    - and Randy quoted this week as saying hed love at least one aerospace company to sign up for bodykits - Boeing? Airbus?? Nasa even????
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm still waiting for my carbon fiber toaster from his last go-round.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rodger Penske said they would look into making aero-kits but will wait a month or so for the rules to be finalized.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That Falcon was pretty......would be nice is Ken Anderson/Andesign did make an aerokit yet would be a brave team who would be the first race team to be associated with Ken Anderson since the USF1 debacle

2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One think particularly noticeable in that last pic however. . . . . .as this chassis was rushed through to be completed in time for the world presentation at the time (was literally finished 5 minutes before the reveal at the time as they had committed to the reveal date and were keen to be the first of the then 3 chassis manufacturers to reveal their car), in all the excitement, looks like they forgot to add the wing-mirrors!!
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    After the USF1 debacle anyone committed to any project with him in charge should be ---------.