Time to discuss who we all think could be great prospects in the future for Formula One.

We know we currently have an epic line up of current superstars;
Alonso
Hamilton
Vettel
Kubica
Webber
Button
Massa
Rosberg
Schumacher
Barrichello

As well as some good rookies that could go far;
Kobayashi
Hulkenberg (?)
Petrov (?)

But I think there is a whole host of drivers that could be big things in the future of Formula One. Here are my picks, in no particular order;

Sergio Perez (Mexico)-Backed by Telmex, this guy looks like he can be extremely quick at times. He has earned himself a seat at Sauber for next year, and with the speed and money as a package, no wonder Sauber has plucked for this kid. Currently suffers from the inexperience of youth on the occasion and makes silly mistakes, but this is to be expected and I believe he has a solid future in F1.

Esteban Gutierrez (Mexico)-Being a mexican F1 fan waiting for a mexican F1 prospect to come along must be like waiting for a bus. Nothing for ages and then 2 pop out at once. This guy has even more potential that Perez in my view, Destroyed everyone in GP3, showed some pace and fighting spirit in F3 and won in Formula BMW. At just 19 he is also very young, but considering his youth seems rather mature in racing terms. Someone to look out for as he takes on GP2 next year with Lotus-ART.

Jules Bianchi (France)-French FRenault champ in 2007, Entered F3 Euroseries the following year and finished 3rd. Won that championship last year and claimed 3rd in GP2 this year, but it could have been more in a troubled year for ART. I believe he has great speed and great potential, and is certainly one of France's next big things in motorsport. Look out for this guy in GP2 next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him champion.

Sam Bird (Great Britain)-Never stood out much in the lower categories until Macau F3 GP last year where he finished 3rd. This year in GP2 he has impressed with great racing spirit and skills, and could have done better than 5th in the championship had it not been for bad luck. Next season is going to be bital for Bird in GP2 next year assuming he has a ride, but this guy has got a bit of potential.

Robert Wickens (Canada)-2nd in Formula 2 last year, 2nd in GP3 this year. Though I dont believe this guy is a new Vettel or Hamilton, he has potential to be a solid F1 driver. He needs a good chance in GP2 though, but Canada's best bet in the immediate future.

Alexander Rossi (United States)-4th in GP3 this year and could have done better, certainly the United States' best chance of an F1 driver in the next few years, But he needs to get a goood GP2 drive and then impress to have a chance.

Nico Muller (Switzerland)-Only 18 and went straight from Swiss FRenault to GP3 and duly finished 3rd. Proof that he has quality and potential and one to look out for in the next few years.

Mikhail Aleshin (Russia)-This guy has speed and potential and is WSbR champion of 2010. Seems to be very consistent which can only be a good thing.

Daniel Ricciardo (Australia)-WEC FRenault champ in 2008, British F3 champ 2009, 2nd in WSbR in 2010. Webber watch out, you may have a fellow Aussie on the grid in the next few years and ther eis no doubt this guy is an exciting prospect.

Esteban Guerrieri (Argentina)-Already 25 Guerrieri has been all over the place in recent years. He could have walked the WSbR title had he had the chance to complete all rounds, but blistering performances, at Silverstone in particular, indicate raw speed and talent. However his experience advantage over his competitors may have been a large factor in this, and I think finding an F1 drive will be very very hard indeed for the Argentine. Still, he has potential and just needs to keep impressing and we will see where he ends up.

Brendon Hartley (New Zealand)-dropped by the Red Bull program, Hartley has endured a poor 2010. Are his F1 prospects now over? or will he get a good drive and a chance to shine? Time will tell with this big name young driver.

Jean Eric-Vergne (France)-Another potential french star. British F3 champion in his debut season this year, consistency and speed has meant he walked to that title in 2010. Definatly and star of the future, other drivers better watch out.

Paul Di Resta (Great Britain)-DTM star, potential star of F1 with Force India? the rumours have been here all season, and there is doubt in his speed and consistency. An F1 drive looks likely in the future.

Discuss. (and add any drivers if you wish)