Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

2011 Season Speculations

I know that we're still only in November, but that doesn't mean that the silly season hasn't begun yet. So then in the spirit of WMD (Wild Mass Divination) this is what I think that we know for the 2011 season:

Red Bull
    1 - Sebastian Vettel
    2 - Mark Webber

McLaren
    3 - Lewis Hamilton
    4 - Jensen Button

Ferrari
    5 - Felipe Massa
    6 - Fernando Alonso

Mercedes
    7 - Michael Schumacher
    8 - Nico Rosberg

Renault
    9 - Robert Kubica
    10 -

Williams
    11 - Rubens Barrichello
    12 - Pastor Maldonado??

Force India
    14 - Adrian Sutil
    15 - Vitantonio Liuzzi

Sauber
    16 - Kamui Kobayashi
    17 - Sergio Pérez

Toro Rosso
    18 - Jaime Alguersuari
    19 - Sébastien Buemi

Team Lotus
    20 - Jarno Trulli
    21 - Heikki Kovalainen

Hispania Racing
    22 -
    23 -

Marussia Virgin Racing
    24 - Timo Glock
    25 -

More wild guessing:
    - Nico Hülkenberg is somewhere on the grid but not at Williams anymore?
    - Romain Grosjean wasn't able to secure a drive a Renault, but has Petrov been given the boot? If so, would he replace him?
    - Would Kimi Räikkönen return after his one year "sabbatical"? Would he boot out Mark Webber?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think one of the more interesting speculations is not even driver related!

Will it be Renault and Team Lotus, or will it be Lotus-Renault and 1Malysia?

I think Hulkenberg will turn up at either Lotus, Renault or Sauber, and for F1's sake I sincerely hope that is correct.

I expect that Virgin will keep Glock and a pay driver, HRT will have 2 pay drivers, Schumi will stay, I think Liuzzi will be gone from Force India but no idea who will replace him.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    I think one of the more interesting speculations is not even driver related!

Will it be Renault and Team Lotus, or will it be Lotus-Renault and 1Malysia?
    How many teams will be called Lotus and which ones will they be... that's proper silly season territory

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Fearless Forecasts!

Petrov stays at Renault because he has money that the manufacturer needs.

Maldonado will be at Williams.

Liuzzi will be replaced by di Resta.

Trulli will be replaced by Heidfeld.

HRT will sign Pedro de la Rosa & Nico Hulkenberg.

Some new kid will drive for Virgin unless Jarno Trulli signs there.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'd guess something like that.

RBR: Vet-Web (despite rumours of Mark's departure!!)
    McL: Ham-But
    FER: Alo-Mas
    MGP: Ros-MSc
    REN: Kub-Pet (strangely silent there recently in the driver front - are they waiting on the resolving of the ownership first before deciding the second driver or...?)
    WIL: Bar-Mal*
    FOR: Sut-diR* (all kinds of strange rumours, but this still seems like the most logical option)
    SAU: Kob-Per*
    STR: Bue-Alg
    AIR: Kov-Tru (still is more of a Lotus to me than the Renault one that is being created, even though they are likely to lose the name. Guess the new name could be the similar to what they have in GP2 - Team Air Asia)
    VIR: Glo-Ale* (I almost put d'Ambrosio or vd Garde here, but perhaps the Marussia connection helps the new World Series by Renault champion Aleshin into F1)
    HRT: won't be there!

* denotes rookie
    Hülkenberg as Mercedes' reserve. I wonder, what will Heidfeld do. Perhaps a reserve driver for McLaren for instance? :

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Peter Windsor and Ken Anderson announce a new team for 2012 called Team Alaska with car to be built in Chicken, Alaska.
    As it is a depressed area they expect major funding from the US and Alaska Governments.

There really is a town called Chicken in Alaska. Population less than 20 I believe.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Last Thursday's Autosport (printed version so can't link) seems to suggest that Fernandes is basically giving up on the Lotus name, and that the team will almost certainly not be 1Malaysia (thank god!). They reckon it could be Air Asia, or an all new name with Air Asia as title sponsor.

BUT - the same article suggests that the Renaults will still be Renaults, but with Lotus just as title sponsor for next two years, so technically speaking there could be no Lotus on the grid next year!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    STR drivers only have contracts through to the first half of 2011. I can imagine Tost shoehorning Ricciardo in to replace Buemi if Buemi doesn't up his game. Alguersuari appears somewhat safe at the moment considering the praise he is receiving from Tost. I suspect for this reason that even if Alguersuari's first half of 2011 is awful he will be retained through the year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sutil drives for Ferrari and pressures Fred who tries to blackmail the Scuderia and ends up with a Horses Head in his bed.

MS beats Rosberg and Flav takes over from Bernie and we see our first F1 race on a Super Yacht.

(OK, the last sentence isn't very likely )

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    I think Hulkenberg will turn up at either Lotus, Renault or Sauber, and for F1's sake I sincerely hope that is correct.
    That would be a very difficult one with Sauber having 2 drivers signed already.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro