Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Exactly.
    A VW take over wouldn't be bad for Ferrari, au contraire!
    Sadly as we can see from our friends Steffano and Luca, management is not the strong point of Italians these days.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I doubt Fiat will sell Ferrari anytime soon but calling it a religion?? Its a prestige car company mate with alot of glamour, and history but I think you're bigging it up abit more than it is. A good friend of mine Fabio would say Lazio is a religion in his region..
    It is for me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    There's far more potential for money to be made selling Fiats to millions of people than Ferrari's to a few thousand.

I still reckon Alfa is going to VW though. Lets just hope it doesn't end up like Seat and being red sporty VW's rather than yellow sporty VW's (Seat's)
    I don't know if have read newpaper articles on the subject. Marchionne and any other FIAT group representitive has dismissed the whole thing as a laughing matter.
    And if VW likes Ferrari so much and SOOOOOO much money why can't they make their own?? What are they afraid of??? I am sure their "Ferrari" would be so much better than the real Ferrari.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Sadly as we can see from our friends Steffano and Luca, management is not the strong point of Italians these days.

Nor has it ever been. The 80's and early 90's were pretty bad for Ferrari, especially the F1 squad. Took a German, a frenchmen and an englishman to right the ship. Sounds like the beginning of a good joke LOL
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    I don't know if have read newpaper articles on the subject. Marchionne and any other FIAT group representitive has dismissed the whole thing as a laughing matter.
    And if VW likes Ferrari so much and SOOOOOO much money why can't they make their own?? What are they afraid of??? I am sure their "Ferrari" would be so much better than the real Ferrari.
    Then tell me this? Why is FGA investing little or nothing into the Alfa Romeo brand? Where's the Mito GTA? Where's the Giulietta GTA? Where's the 159 replacement? Where's the 166 replacement? Where's the replacement for the Brera and the Spider which have stopped producton this year?

This sounds very much like what people do when they're going to sell off a car, but Marchionne is doing it with a whole brand. Why spend money on developing products for a brand that is going to be sold off?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Nor has it ever been. The 80's and early 90's were pretty bad for Ferrari, especially the F1 squad. Took a German, a frenchmen and an englishman to right the ship. Sounds like the beginning of a good joke LOL
    Yes but that was a golden age for them in rallying so it wasn't all negative.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    Ever heard about the Bugatti Veyron?
    What about the Lamborghini Diablo, or Murcielago, or Gallardo?
    Or what about the VW Nardo that holds seven 24-hour world speed records?!

You see they made their own, several of them!

I find it funny how people know diddly squat about VW yet revel about FIAT owning Ferrari!

Being owned by VW would be the best thing that happened to Ferrari for a long time.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You couldn't get a car more British than a Aston Martin once upon a time but it was sold off to Ford before finally being brought back into Britsh hands. Jaguar was the same until it was sold again to Ford in 1989. The fact of the matter is if the books don't balance the company will be sold. Even if VW bought Ferrari it wouldn't mean Ferrari was be any less Italian. Rolls Royce is owned by BMW but when you think of Rolls Royce do you think of it as a German car manufacturer? Err no.
    Exactly!

It looks more like some Ferrari fans are afraid that if VW took over than they would boot Santander and the Teflon guy, and hire Vettel instead!
    What a nightmare to the tifosi that would be, just like it was for me when they signed Alonso.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Wasn't that designed by designers in France and England?
    Huh?! With VW, designed and produced, engine and transmission!
    And a German technical director!
    Looks to me like a German supercar assembled in France.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i think some of you have missed the point
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/91049/vo...errari-shares/
    Sergio Marchionne, hinted that he wanted to raise more funds for the Fiat and Chrysler partnership and was thinking of selling off a certain amount of Ferrari shares in an initial public offering type deal.
    http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...823-13hak.html
    Can't afford a Ferrari? Would you settle for shares?
    Gianni Agnelli, the mercurial 79-year-old patriarch of Fiat, is planning to float the group's luxury car side, Ferrari, on the Milan Stock Exchange, according to London's Independent
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’