Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    Ferrari is Italian. It should be owned by Italians.

Volkswagen is German. It should not own Ferrari.

end of.
    What about Bugatti and Lamborghini (and a few more less prestigious ones)?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    There is no more connection between owning a bloody Fiat and relating to Ferrari; no more than me driving around in my Volvo Cross Country and relating to the NAASA space flight to the moon.
    Cheers!

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    You are totally misinformed. Comparing yourself to VW is complete rubbish.
    VW have what is needed to purchase the whole FIAT group not only Ferrari.

And when you look to VW's portofolio (Bugatti & Lamborghini) you realize just how uninformed you are.
    You have missed my intended satire, I was talking of an individual Ferrari, not the company, and no I do not see myself as comparable to VW.
    I am not uninformed, (a subtle difference to being misinformed) and am well aware of Lamborghini's owners. I pointed out above, that Lamborghini has achieved practically nothing on the track. Ferrari is a very different story.

I do not know of pending business deals between VW and FIAT. I am simply stating an opinion that I cannot see FIAT selling Ferrari to VW. Italian business interests (FIAT), rescued Ferrari from a Ford buyout in the 1960s,
    why would they sell now when it is much more successful?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D28
    You have missed my intended satire, I was talking of an individual Ferrari, not the company, and no I do not see myself as comparable to VW.
    I am not uninformed, (a subtle difference to being misinformed) and am well aware of Lamborghini's owners. I pointed out above, that Lamborghini has achieved practically nothing on the track. Ferrari is a very different story.

I do not know of pending business deals between VW and FIAT. I am simply stating an opinion that I cannot see FIAT selling Ferrari to VW. Italian business interests (FIAT), rescued Ferrari from a Ford buyout in the 1960s,
    why would they sell now when it is much more successful?
    You forgot to tell us what did Bugatti achieve on track.

Italian, and any other business interests are ruled by money and if, a big IF indeed, FIAT will have to sell Ferrari to the highest bidder than they will do it.

Ferrari was profitable a few years ago however they were not left untouched by the crisis.

I would love to see Ferrari get into proper management hands, people with a vertical back spine. Someone who can build on their strong heritage, instead of the bella figura they have now.

Anyway we can only speculate.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D28
    I may be misinformed, but I put no credence to this story whatever. For VW to say they would like to purchase Ferrari is somewhat similar to me saying I would like to own (a) Ferrari. It is not going to happen.

Hawkmoon:

The whole mystique of Italian racing prowness is tied up with the Ferrari record. Anyone who owns a FIAT can relate to that, or at least fantasize about it. Despite FIAT financial problems, and the size of its subsidy to Ferrari, the intangible considerations, industrial prestigue, goodwill and so one, is incalculable.
    In 1956, Lancia gave all its cars, spares, engineering data and the incomparable Vittorio Jano to to Ferrari, just to keep Italian motorsport competitive. And Ferrari has been very competitive, their record is unimpeachable.

As to arguments about Lamborghini, while a great design, they never won anything of substance on the track. Ferrari is different, and must remain Italian.
    That's all true but it doesn't sell FIATs. It sells Ferraris. If FIAT can get enough cash they'll sell Ferrari, make no mistake. I have no desire to see it happen but business is business and FIAT are run by business men.

On the flip side, VW are also run by business men. There would have to be a sound business case to warrant the probably exhorbidant amount of lucre that FIAT are going to want. To make it worth while the acquisition of Ferrari would have to result in selling more VWs. If Ferrari don't sell FIATs then they'll sell even fewer VWs.

In short, it's not going to happen and heaven forbid if it does.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    isn't going to happen. If Fiat are going to flog off any part of the wedding china it'll be Alfa Romeo.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    P.S I own a Fiat and I don't feel I own part of a Ferrari or anything.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Stop dreaming...neither Ferrari, nor Alfa Romeo will be owned by foreigners ever ! :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Pino, an Alfa Romeo sale is very much on the cards. VW are officially on record saying they want Alfa too....

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Pino, an Alfa Romeo sale is very much on the cards. VW are officially on record saying they want Alfa too....

Want doesn't mean get it
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life