Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    Porsche as well, do VAG really need (or want) Ferrari.
    Did they really need all those brands?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Not that its relevant but over here the unleaded pump is as dirty as the diesel pump, so that would make little difference.
    And it's always within a few inches of the petrol pump, so everyone that pulls up to a petrol pump also pulls up to a diesel one
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    They had money to spare so they used it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Not that its relevant but over here the unleaded pump is as dirty as the diesel pump, so that would make little difference.

I drove a jetta TDI for 5 years as my commuter car. It varies by fuel company here. Some diesel pumps are incorporated in the gasoline pumps but many are separate pumps. Regardless, most all end up an oily nasty mess from fuel overflow when trucks fill up. S
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah, My bad on the Touran/Routan. The Interior is unique to VW, but I still wouldn't buy one with the pos chrysler v6 engine it has come wiht up to now. Either way, neither has anything to do with a chevy.

Obviously, VWAG has SEVERAL SUV's and a Minivan to offer the North American market in the VW Audi and Porsche brands. Name your poison. The only thing they don't really have is an inexpensive offering. Tiguan, Toureg, Routan, as well as the crossfox in Mexico. The Toureg is an awesome SUV, which is also the basis for the Q5/7 and Porsche Cayenne cousins. but it's too expensive due to many factors, mainly the weak dollar. Unfortunately, VW dropped the Passat Wagon due to poor sales, which had more to do with the styling of the Passat and the price than the market for wagons. There are thousands of the previous generation B5 wagon on the road. I've got three within a block of me, not counting my own.

For the life of me though, why won't VW just give me the option of a damn TDI across the model range. They have two EPA certified TDI's give me that option in every model. I've been very loyal to VWAG, but I think I'm finally going elsewhere for my next vehicle.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    They bought a ton of local market share and eliminated competition with the brands, then gradually cross pollenated some product. VW has one hell of a model range internationally in the VW brand alone. They have quite a lot of market specific and locally produced models around the world. I won't even begin to count when you factor in the Skoda SEAT Bentley Lamborghini Bugatti models. They face far more competition in the US and Americans didn't exactly take to their move upmarket. Smaller and less expensive is being tried by VW again with the Jetta, let's see how it works.

Back to Fiat, even though they bought Chrysler, Most of the new Fiat dealers that have been chosen so far are NOT existing Chrysler dealers. I think the parts and distribution channels are just as important as the dealer networkfor the Fiat brand, especially when one considers the government shut down about half of the former Dodge and Chrysler dealerships. Either way, they did get a very cheap exposure back into the US market, regardles of what they end up calling what they eventually end up selling here.
    HINCHTOWN!!