Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Force India tests Karun, Narain in simulator

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/sport...-simulator-375

“We tested Narain and Karun Chandhok along with other drivers in the simulator,” Mallya told this newspaper. “It was held at the McLaren facility recently. Now, we have to sit and analyse the relative performances before we confirm the drivers’ line-up in a couple of weeks,” he said.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very interesting, a Indian Driver in a Indian team in an Indian gp, I see some more $$ coming in (good for force India) and Karun could get a chance to show how he would do in half decent car. A very positive development.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Chandhok in a Force India? Now its a possibility. Liuzzi on the way out perhaps.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
    It's incredible how the guy that wipped Karun's *** in the 2009 season (in the same team) has difficulties trying to get money to race, and this guy might end up in F1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More power to Chandhok, but I sure hope if there's only ONE driver change at Force India, then that'll be di Resta in for Liuzzi! May be an indication that Sutil is going somewhere... but where?

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I think some team will try to get Chandhok onboard for the Indian Grand Prix. Hopefully that's it though. There's too many other drivers out there who show a lot more promise than he does.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    The Chandhok-Force India link that tends to pop up every now and then, but has never been anything more than just a guess. At best he might have a shot at the reserve driver role, as Mallya has so far left an impression that he is first and foremost interested in competent drivers regardless of Nationality, so my guess would be that if one of two - Sutil/di Resta - drops off the radar for some reason, next choices in line for the race seat would be Heidfeld and Hülkenberg.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I could be wrong now and I have no links to it but didn't Narain have a big bust up with Mallya a while back? Something to the effect of 'I'd never drive for Force India' and Mallya saying 'I'd never ask you to'?
    Marcus: "Tell Corrado, three gears is enough!"