Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    the 2008 focus was a very inferior car..im not expecting much from ostberg,henning or block...i also reckon JML may be a bit of a flash in the pan...hirvonen held leob to account last year much more thoroughly than he did this year
    If you are putting Mads Østberg in the same sack as Ken Block your knowledge of the sport seems a bit limited...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Or back to Boreham and get Stuart Turner back to run things.
    +1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With Malcolm wilson running the Ford team they will never win another championship as he is totally out of touch with driver choice.

Yes JML is top class but still learning, but as for Hirvoslow well he is a waste of time.

Wilson will not take the fantastic Petter solberg because of a silly problem many years ago so that is why wilson is not fit too run the team.

Citroen 2011 champions in drivers and manufacturers
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ste898
    With Malcolm wilson running the Ford team they will never win another championship as he is totally out of touch with driver choice.

Yes JML is top class but still learning, but as for Hirvoslow well he is a waste of time.

Wilson will not take the fantastic Petter solberg because of a silly problem many years ago so that is why wilson is not fit too run the team.

Citroen 2011 champions in drivers and manufacturers
    He can only take the drivers that budget allows. M-Sport is a commercial operation with some support form Ford, nota full factory operation like Citroen.

Same with the secondary teams. They exist only if someone pays the bills - usually associated with the driver.

Stobart is a Cumbria-based company, so is M-Sport and Matthew Wilson. If there's no Matthew, there's probably no Stobart. Not much of a choice really!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskald
    If you are putting Mads Østberg in the same sack as Ken Block your knowledge of the sport seems a bit limited...
    i know that mads is better than ken, if the new car is **** all performances will be dragged down in relation to the citroen teams

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    There's difference between Citroen Sport and M-Sport.. Citroen wants success and M-Sport wants money.. That's all.. Results are visible..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    There's difference between Citroen Sport and M-Sport.. Citroen wants success and M-Sport wants money.. That's all.. Results are visible..
    Everyone wants money, but M Sport need money, its easy slateing M Sport for their efforts, Ford couldnt run a team before they took over, and M Sport have managed to keep the team solvent through tough times, their driver selection is iffy but otherwise they run the team very well
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    by the way..both block and ostberg are customers of m-sport. i imagine that they will not be as favored by team orders as say JML and Mikko

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Probably because Ford are cheapskates. If Ford win they get the plaudits at board level, if they don't win, then 'no problem' as they put so little money in. I'm not a huge Ford fan, but I'm beginning to have sympathy with M-Sport.
    Sounds like BMW are possibly doing a similar thing with Prodrive-Mini.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    by the way..both block and ostberg are customers of m-sport. i imagine that they will not be as favored by team orders as say JML and Mikko
    Can't see Block ever being subject to team orders...
    Well, maybe with regard to paying on time.

He's a nice guy and there for fun and to learn as he fully admits.