Thread: Latin America

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Latin America

The International Commission Against Impunity in Guatemala, or CICIG in Spanish, was launched three years ago at Guatemala's request to dismantle illegal security groups, many of them tied to the military and a legacy of the 1960-1996 civil war, and to end criminal impunity. It has also taken on rampant vigilante justice, which includes contract killings of criminals.

Things get curiouser and curiouser.

I wonder how long, before the U.N., if it is more than just another rubber stamping connection, nearly assuredly not, will say "Oh don't treat the bad guys that badly!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40184393...news-americas/

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    The International Commission Against Impunity in Guatemala, or CICIG in Spanish, was launched three years ago at Guatemala's request to dismantle illegal security groups, many of them tied to the military and a legacy of the 1960-1996 civil war, and to end criminal impunity. It has also taken on rampant vigilante justice, which includes contract killings of criminals.

I wonder how long, before the U.N., if it is more than just another rubber stamping connection, nearly assuredly not, will say "Oh don't treat the bad guys that badly!"

I can't claim to know anything about Guatamala, but if you have a war going on for 36 years,, that's not something that is going to end overnight, or even in 14 years!

Like in Northern Ireland, the 'troubles' have essentially been over for 15 years now, but things are hardly 'normal' there, and won't be for a long time yet.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Out of curiosity.
    The article is about Guatemala....Why did you title the thread "Latin America"?

If you were posting an Article about an issue in Austria would you have called the thread "Europe"?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Out of curiosity.

If you were posting an Article about an issue in Austria would you have called the thread "Europe"?
    Doesn't matter, address the articls.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Out of curiosity.

No I would have named it TIRE
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

I can't imagine any country keeps violent criminals in prison at a cost of over 75k per year. The cost of a good hollow point is a buck or two.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"