Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Toad is a POS and should have never been given the position - he is just a shorter version of Mosely
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    and to imagine that Stefan GP was ready to go with toyota cars that would have been instantly competitive seems even more astounding. The simple fact is that Max Mosley rigged the system of entry and blackmailed teams to use cosworth deals. Those who refused were not considered for entry. Instead they gave 2 slots to one team that never showed up and another that barely showed up. Then when an opportunity came to field another team willing and able to take the vacated slot,Todt and the FIA drowned themselves in some bureaucratic excuse to not even consider some sort of trial/conditional agreement with Stefan GP to actually see if they could go forward.
    There never was a Stefan GP. The guy was a fraud trying to scam TMG. Seriously, his so called "company" realised a net result of 42,70€ in 2009. I don't think you can run a F1 team with that kinda money.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    The word shambolic springs to mind.

HRT's use of an undeveloped Dallara, and their bewildering use of drivers, nevermind the arbitary reasons given for benching them at certain times, didn't do anything for the team's credibility.

Now, it appears, they have no car for 2012, or any means to produce one.

When the likes of ART, who have a stellar reputation in GP2 & F3, can't get into F1 it seems crazy that the likes of HRT currently have a place on the grid.
    I see what you're getting at, although ART would need to either acquire or get facilities to build their own car too. Plus Hispania was born out of the Campos team that had a good record in GP2 and were champions, maybe they didn't have the level of sustained success that ART have had, but fairly close. To be fair to Hispania they're hardly the most shambolic new constructor that's entered the sport. They made the end of their first year and it's not like they were 10 seconds off the pace either. I believe they would have made 107% the vast majority of the time.

While there is a spot available within the supposed 13-team limit, the real issue is the fact that this spot wasn't given to anyone, rather than Hispania keeping better qualified entrants out.

I personally think given Epsilon's interest in entering F1, their ability to create their own car (they did an LMP not so long ago), and nationality, a good solution might have been for them to take over or partner with Hispania, but even if both parties did agree to that now, building a car for the start of 2011 might be a long shot.

Unless the Toyota deal gets resurrected I guess it looks like they're gone. Even if they modify their Dallara for next seasons rules, I don't see them making 107% most of the time.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    The word shambolic springs to mind.

HRT's use of an undeveloped Dallara, and their bewildering use of drivers, nevermind the arbitary reasons given for benching them at certain times, didn't do anything for the team's credibility.

Now, it appears, they have no car for 2012, or any means to produce one.

When the likes of ART, who have a stellar reputation in GP2 & F3, can't get into F1 it seems crazy that the likes of HRT currently have a place on the grid.
    GP2 (or F3000 as was) and F3 pedigree is no guarantee - look at the likes of Coloni and Pacific. Both had reasonable success at those levels. I'm probably alone in that I kind of liked HRT in a weird, ultimate underdog sort of way. Given the difficult birth, they didn't do THAT badly. They at least GOT to the grid, which is more than USF1 managed, and they finished plenty of races. Granted, stone last, but that was always expected, and they weren't a million miles behind Lotus and Virgin. If anyone has looked a bit shabby, I think it's Bruno Senna. We all know Yamamoto is rubbish, and Chandhok never really got the chance to do much, but I think Senna was rather a let down.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I thought Hispania did OK.

After the first couple of races they were usually within 5 or 6 seconds of pole and they created quite a realiable car.

A lot better than a lot of other teams we have seen in the past.

I really hope they sort themselves out and are able to be on the grid for 2011
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    I see what you're getting at, although ART would need to either acquire or get facilities to build their own car too.
    True, but it's my impression that ART are a far more professional outfit than HRT and would have developed a far more credible and competitive team. But they decided against entering F1 so credit to HRT for at least getting themselves on the grid; but that's about all they did!

There's been no sign of progress as the season has gone along, nor is there any evidence as yet that they will do any better in 2011.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I thought Hispania did OK.

After the first couple of races they were usually within 5 or 6 seconds of pole and they created quite a realiable car.

A lot better than a lot of other teams we have seen in the past.

I really hope they sort themselves out and are able to be on the grid for 2011
    I agree. Actually, they were closer to Virgin and Lotus than they should've been. We've seen far worse teams in F1 over the years.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I agree. Actually, they were closer to Virgin and Lotus than they should've been. We've seen far worse teams in F1 over the years.
    Oh for the days of pre-qualifying, Andrea Moda, EuroBrun, Life and Monteverdi
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i really hope they can find some help this off-season whether it be financial or technical but the more cars there is, the more opportunities for drivers. like we saw chandhok this year who in my opinion was quite decent but he didnt have deep enough pockets but they might have more sponsorship next season. if HRT cant find anything else i think it is goodbye