Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    ...and people (journalists mostly) keep saying that Virgin is trouble?
    I would be surprised if HRT is a part of 2011.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    perhaps we will see Virgin secure the toyota package. They should do it if they know what's good for them. Plus Glock has some Toyota experience which might help.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The word shambolic springs to mind.

HRT's use of an undeveloped Dallara, and their bewildering use of drivers, nevermind the arbitary reasons given for benching them at certain times, didn't do anything for the team's credibility.

Now, it appears, they have no car for 2012, or any means to produce one.

When the likes of ART, who have a stellar reputation in GP2 & F3, can't get into F1 it seems crazy that the likes of HRT currently have a place on the grid.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    the only reason I would miss Hispania is that it would mean 2 less cars on the grid. I do hope someone comes in and buys this team
    I'm thinking the same. I don't care much for the team themselves, but I wouldn't like to see the grids get smaller when, potentially, we could have 26 cars again!
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I don't think 2012 is concerning Hispania just yet :
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts

HRT's use of an undeveloped Dallara, and their bewildering use of drivers, nevermind the arbitary reasons given for benching them at certain times, didn't do anything for the team's credibility.

When the likes of ART, who have a stellar reputation in GP2 & F3, can't get into F1 it seems crazy that the likes of HRT currently have a place on the grid.
    It really does beggar belief that the Carabantes family were that poorly informed about F1. It seems as if they believed that an F1 team was like buying up shares in a company, high initial investment but wouldn't require continuous investment through the season. They've barely been able to stump up the cash to race to the end of 2010 and they are poorly prepared to carry on into 2011.

I hope the new shareholder who used to be in charge of Telefonica can get some sponsorship but if they carry on trying to 'represent' Spain they won't get any. Every decent prospective Spanish F1 sponsor only has eyes for Alonso. Alguesuari couldn't find any sponsors and De La Rosa could only find Burger King Spain.

I hope Williams are going to be paid upfront for their rear end, otherwise they might get their fingers burnt by HRT too.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    the only reason I would miss Hispania is that it would mean 2 less cars on the grid.
    While I agree with that, based on the way they performed this year and the prospects for the following season it wouldn't be much of a loss not to have this hopeless team around. I have nothing against new teams and I don't expect them to do well right away but this one unlike the other 2 seems to be going from bad to worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    I'm thinking the same. I don't care much for the team themselves, but I wouldn't like to see the grids get smaller when, potentially, we could have 26 cars again!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

and to imagine that Stefan GP was ready to go with toyota cars that would have been instantly competitive seems even more astounding. The simple fact is that Max Mosley rigged the system of entry and blackmailed teams to use cosworth deals. Those who refused were not considered for entry. Instead they gave 2 slots to one team that never showed up and another that barely showed up. Then when an opportunity came to field another team willing and able to take the vacated slot,Todt and the FIA drowned themselves in some bureaucratic excuse to not even consider some sort of trial/conditional agreement with Stefan GP to actually see if they could go forward.
    you can't argue with results.

I can agree with that. The FIA should allow someone to use the Toyota programme as an entry for next season.
    It would definitely be better than Virgin or HRT.