Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hispania Toyota?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/141120...mminently.html

Rumours that Hispania are going to get the TF110s for next year. Not sure how well this will work, given the cars will be a year old and need to be reworked without a double diffuser and any other regulation changes that affect it.

Article says they'll also be sticking with Cosworth power, which I guess isn't surprising given their Williams transmission deal, although that will be one more thing that will need reworking I assume, given the Toyota was designed for it's own engine and transmission?

Still think, especially given the engine freeze, that those Toyota V8s sitting idle are a huge waste, would be good if they could be resurrected to give a bit more variety.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I heard about this too through Joe Saward's blog. He did say that there is a possibility that the deal might be scrapped because HRT has not done anything with the Toyota technology.

He (meaning Mr. Saward) had also said, speaking of HRT, that he thought Williams would be best served by loaning Hulkenberg to HRT until Rubens retires. I think HRT wold partner him with de la Rosa, which also is just a rumor.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    Rumours that Hispania are going to get the TF110s for next year. Not sure how well this will work, given the cars will be a year old and need to be reworked without a double diffuser and any other regulation changes that affect it.
    Even with the removal of such items the Toyota TF110 will work a lot better than any number of updates Hispania could perform on their current Hispania F110. It would move them forward by several seconds a lap in pace if they were to run the car.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Interesting.... Very Interesting.

Could be a good move. At least it all suggests they intend to be around.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Strange, Autosport are now reporting the complete opposite. I thought that Hispania had been trying to use the Toyota chassis ever since Stefan didn't show up, and were near certain to use it next year. But Toyota have now apparently cut all ties due to non-payment.

Not good, sounds a bit like the beginning of the end of Hispania to me

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    Strange, Autosport are now reporting the complete opposite. I thought that Hispania had been trying to use the Toyota chassis ever since Stefan didn't show up, and were near certain to use it next year. But Toyota have now apparently cut all ties due to non-payment.

Not good, sounds a bit like the beginning of the end of Hispania to me
    I agree, although, quite frankly, the only reason why I would miss them is because I would still like to see PdlR racing, and he might have a chance with them.

BTW, here's the link to Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88313.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    the only reason I would miss Hispania is that it would mean 2 less cars on the grid. I hope stefan GP or Villeneuve or whoever, buys this teams,. gets the toyota deal and makes this car competitive. I am still pissed at the FIA for not granting Stefan GP an entry, and for not,at the very least, placing a team as an alternative for 2011 if a current one should default.

I do hope someone comes in and buys this team
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like Hispania needs to find the money from somewhere in order for the deal to go through. I hardly think there are many people queued up to buy the Toyotas.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Given that it would be an undeveloped, reworked car designed to a different set of regulations, I expect they would still have found themselves at the back of the grid.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Are they ?
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...91788509_x.htm
    Toyota ends links with Hispania F1 team
    Toyota ended all cooperation with the Hispania Racing Formula One team on Monday.
    Toyota said HRT "has not met its contractual payment obligations" and the carmaker "will pursue all available options to reach a satisfactory conclusion to this matter."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’