Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Hulkenberg loses Williams seat

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/34440.html
    Nico Hulkenberg has confirmed he will not be driving for Williams next season but is confident he will land a race seat somewhere else.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is stupid by Williams, ok so they need money from a pay driver next year, thats fine, but they kep Ruebens in the other seat?

Now Ruebens is a great driver, but surely he is at the end of his career? With Nico you have a big future, with Ruebens what do you have? Really?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Bad move

You'll never get back to front with pay drivers.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    a pole with a middle order car is ot good enough for them which is bs cause hulk was a good driver in the making. teams should have learned from renaults mistake that pay drivers can be costly towards wcc money and sponsors that put their names on winning cars

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Stupid move -

Didn't someone identify Hulkenberg as a future WDC, and that was only last week?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Very disappointing

I don't hold out much hope for Pastor Maldonado being particularly impressive and, assuming Rubens will stay, Williams appear to have taken a backward step when it comes to driver choices
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    More here:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88301

Williams just don't "do" stability, do they? :\
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option...:f1&Itemid=157
    Frank Williams, Team Principal of the AT&T Williams team:
    “First, I would like to thank Nico for his hard work this year, and before that in preparing himself for Formula One. We are very proud to have supported him as he secured the Formula 3 and GP2 titles and during his debut in Formula One. At Williams we have for many years tried to bring new talent into the sport, and we are convinced that Nico will go on to great things. We wish him well and hope that our paths will cross again in the future.”

“We recruited Rubens to Williams knowing that he would bring technical expertise, experience and passion. He has delivered everything we could have hoped for this season and we are delighted to confirm that he will drive for us again in 2011.”
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    i think it shows how dire the money situation is at Williams, they are losing their main 3 (?) sponsors and can't afford to keep the promising Hulkenburg. They are selling transmissions to HRT and KERS to Porsche in sportscars, they had to take the Cosworth deal cos they couldn't afford a proper engine (although that worked out quite well for them with the development that has been allowed to make the Cossie competitive) and i fully expect them to take a backward step next year as they clearly can't afford to run at the level they want to. sad times for Williams
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    and according to Autosport, Williams wanted to sign him on a multi year deal that included selling him to HRT for next year. They just have not got the money have they?
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.