Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I have to say about Ricciardo - why does everyone here say his name as if there was no second i?
    I dunno, whats the right way? "Ricc-i-ar-do" or "Ricc-ar-do"? I think with the media they don't really know much about him so they just see his name come up on the auto-q and just have a stab in the dark at pronouncing it.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    I dunno, whats the right way? "Ricc-i-ar-do" or "Ricc-ar-do"? I think with the media they don't really know much about him so they just see his name come up on the auto-q and just have a stab in the dark at pronouncing it.
    It's "Ricc-i-ar-do", media are starting to say it right.....
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6...p-in-Abu-Dhabi
    Daniel Ricciardo, driving Red Bull's double winning RB6, posted the best time of 1:40.803 in the first session.
    The 21-year-old Australian completed 46 laps around the Yas Marina Circuit and his time was nearly two seconds better than that of the next fastest man on the track Paul di Resta. Ricciardo's time is a really good effort as Sebastian Vettel posted a 1:39.394 to grab pole for Red Bull during Saturday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix qualifying.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    McLaren: Oliver Turvey, Gary Paffett
    Gary Paffett? Is that really in the spirit of the young drivers test given that he's been a regular test driver for several years?

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Forget about Toro Rosso! This kids going to be in the Red Bull next year alongside Vettel, well after Webber announces he's off to Ferrari and Massa head to Renault!

Kid is owning the competition.

They've said the track is a good second quicker now than quali on Saturday due to the rubber put down on Sunday in the race.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    He should be though....he's in easily the best car there by a long way. Stick Di Resta in it and he'd be as quick. Is Paffett really there for the Pirelli testing session and not the "young" test?
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    It's "Ricc-i-ar-do", media are starting to say it right.....
    I thought it was "Rich - ee - ar - do". Then again, I've never heard it pronounced and, initially, I thought he was Italian. Looking forward to the results later.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88317

Ricciardo quickest as expected. I'm a little disappointed to see Maldonado so far off the pace, but he is in a HRT after all. Also, Paul di Resta did a good job considering he's running heavier than Da Costa and, possibly, Ricciardo.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I have to say about Ricciardo - why does everyone here say his name as if there was no second i?
    For the same reason maybe that the "i" in Giancarlo isn't pronounced?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Gary Paffett? Is that really in the spirit of the young drivers test given that he's been a regular test driver for several years?
    Also considering he will turning thirty at the beginning of next season while the current worldchampion is only 23. Any way you look at it, Paffett certainly isn't a young driver...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88317

Ricciardo quickest as expected. I'm a little disappointed to see Maldonado so far off the pace, but he is in a HRT after all. Also, Paul di Resta did a good job considering he's running heavier than Da Costa and, possibly, Ricciardo.
    The HRT was slow but Maldonado was certainly not. He was 1.8 seconds FASTER than Senna's qualifying time, who was quicker than Klein this time.

I hear the track is faster; however, no other test driver was faster than the team's regular drivers.