Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who will be quickest in the young drivers test?

Personally i think it will still be the usual suspects with red bull, ferrari and maclaren. but as the drivers ability are different from those in f1, it might throw up a few suprises like perez up there in a sauber.

i think it will probaly be ricciardo with red bull but anything can happen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ricciardo was a LONG way fastest at last years young driver test session, and i mean a LOOOOOOOONG way the fastest, so I really see no reason why he won't be again.

I really think if Red Bull aren't willing to punt either of their Torro Rosso drivers for this guy, they should arrange a race seat for him with Lotus or one of the other small teams (package him with the gearbox?) because the guy is definetly ready for F1, not sure how much more he can learn racing in the junior catagories.

Yes he hasn't done GP2 yet, but the guy has proven himself to be massively quick in an F1 car already, GP2 would just be a formality and a waste of a year... Vettel didn't do GP2, and Ricciardo actually has a better junior catagory record so far then Vettel did

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    Ricciardo was a LONG way fastest at last years young driver test session, and i mean a LOOOOOOOONG way the fastest, so I really see no reason why he won't be again.

I really think if Red Bull aren't willing to punt either of their Torro Rosso drivers for this guy, they should arrange a race seat for him with Lotus or one of the other small teams (package him with the gearbox?) because the guy is definetly ready for F1, not sure how much more he can learn racing in the junior catagories.

Yes he hasn't done GP2 yet, but the guy has proven himself to be massively quick in an F1 car already, GP2 would just be a formality and a waste of a year... Vettel didn't do GP2, and Ricciardo actually has a better junior catagory record so far then Vettel did
    yeah i agree but i think red bull are waiting to webber retires so that there is room for him in toro rosso, although i think that buemi still hasnt proved himself in the two years and i think that alguersuari was put in too early but i think he has more potential then buemi

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Well, I understand Nico Hulkenberg is available.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I don't know, who will be participating in that test, but if the likes of Ricciardo and di Resta are present, they could be expected to be among front-runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Well, I understand Nico Hulkenberg is available.
    He has already raced in F1, so won't be eligible to participate.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Ricciardo. I expect him to be plucked out of whatever series he is racing in next year at the expense of one of the STR drivers.

Just going on past STR history.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    frankly I could care less

All these tests are meaningless,. since drivers are probably picked by anything other than raw speed or talent these days
    (yes I'm still pissed about the Hulkenberg thing )
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I don't know, who will be participating in that test, but if the likes of Ricciardo and di Resta are present, they could be expected to be among front-runners.
    Red Bull: Daniel Ricciardo

McLaren: Oliver Turvey, Gary Paffett

Ferrari: Cesar Ramos, Stephane Richelmi, Andrea Caldarelli

Mercedes: Sam Bird

Renault: Jerome D'Ambrosio, Mikhail Aleshin

Williams: Pastor Maldonado

Force India: Yelmer Buurman, Antonio Felix da Costa

Sauber: Sergio Perez (unconfirmed but it makes sense)

STR: Jean-Eric Vergne

Lotus: Vladimir Arabadzhiev, Rodolfo Gonzalez

Virgin: Liuz Razia, Jerome D'Ambrosio, Rio Haryanto

HRT: Davide Valsecchi, Josef Kral

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25

Agree 100 percent. Ricciardo by the length of the Flemington straight!

NEEDS a seat at Toro Rosso.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I have to say about Ricciardo - why does everyone here say his name as if there was no second i?

Also, Force India are too stubborn to change their line-up. Whenever they seemingly get close to changing drivers, their least favoured driver beats the other in one or two races and then the talk of giving Di Resta a crack disappears again!