Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkFan

I always liked 9-6-4-3-2-1. Make it 10 for winning - the 1990's structure if you want to give a winner more of an edge.

The authorities over-reacted to Schumacher's 2002 season. It's not like the championship hadn't been locked up early before. Ascari in 1952-53, Fangio in 1954-55, Brabham in 1960, Clark in 1963 and 1965, Stewart in 1969 and 1971, Lauda in 1975 - they all clinched the title early and the World Championship was still held the next season.

ClarkFan
    However in those days drivers dropped their worst results from either the whole season or from each half of the season. With the high level of reliability these days it is conceivably possible that a driver second in the championship going in to the last race could finish behind the leader, yet still end up the champion...
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't understand why people complain about point scoring systems, as long as the winner recieves more than anyone else. In this thread, which obviously is the annual point-system-complaint-thread, yet again there exists propositions of completely haywire systems, where a second placed driver can score equal to the winner in some circumstances, and where a third placed driver actually can score MORE points than the second placed driver. This is ridiculus.

The scoring system works just fine as long as any driver placed better scores more points than a driver placed worse.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeall
    However in those days drivers dropped their worst results from either the whole season or from each half of the season. With the high level of reliability these days it is conceivably possible that a driver second in the championship going in to the last race could finish behind the leader, yet still end up the champion...
    That rule (dropping times) was changed before Ferrari's domination with Mike piloting! The cars were reliable for some time before this abomination of a rule. The rule change was as much a way of placating advertisers, and keeping fans interested, than an equitable resolution of the championships! It was a quick fix! One that is no longer needed IMHO!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Luca di Montezemolo is moaning about the points system now.
    "There's some bitterness for a rule book no other sport has: Ferrari are awarded victory but we're still behind in both championships. This is unsporting, it's wrong: F1 shouldn't be a sport for calculators, it should be for winners."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60667

It's simple Luca. Score more points and you'll lead both championships
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

I think he's right, the reward between the winner and the runner-up should be bigger than just 2 points
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    The point standings with the old system:
    1 Hamilton - 56
    2 Alonso - 44
    3 Räikkönen - 43
    4 Massa - 39
    5 Heidfeld - 19
    6 Kubica - 12
    7 Fisichella - 7
    8 Kovalainen - 5
    9 Wurz - 4
    10 Coulthard - 2
    11 Trulli - 1
    = Rosberg - 1
    = Sato - 1

Not too different from current standings, isn't it? So that's why I quite don't understand the fuss around the current system.

Maybe even TOp10 should be given points considering the reliability level at the moment - minor and even midfield teams are still in trouble to score any points race after race.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

Perhaps Von Montezemolo should build a more reliable car first and then complain.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I think a point for pole wouldn't be a bad idea, it would make Saturday even more exciting than it is now. At the moment you get pole, but then in the race you lose everything in the first corner, so what was it all for?!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    The point standings with the old system:
    1 Hamilton - 56
    2 Alonso - 44
    3 Räikkönen - 43
    4 Massa - 39
    5 Heidfeld - 19
    6 Kubica - 12
    7 Fisichella - 7
    8 Kovalainen - 5
    9 Wurz - 4
    10 Coulthard - 2
    11 Trulli - 1
    = Rosberg - 1
    = Sato - 1

Not too different from current standings, isn't it? So that's why I quite don't understand the fuss around the current system.

Maybe even TOp10 should be given points considering the reliability level at the moment - minor and even midfield teams are still in trouble to score any points race after race.
    You might have noticed however that the point differences would be smaller and also easier to overcome with the old system!
    I think LdM got a point, and now that MS is gone and not threatening to win the WDC by half way through the season they can go back to the old system! :
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I think a point for pole wouldn't be a bad idea, it would make Saturday even more exciting than it is now. At the moment you get pole, but then in the race you lose everything in the first corner, so what was it all for?!
    Not untill they have to qualify on race fuel loads, no way. It would mean to give points for the lighter car, where's the competitive spirit in this?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro