Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Bernie seeks point system changes

He would like a bigger gap between winner and 2nd placed.
    He also believes, or at least thats what he says, that the one ho wins more races should win the championship.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=30705

I would say that it took to long before he realized what a bull$hit they did back in 2003.

Maybe one day he will wake up and realize that the qualifying system is a mess too, maybe not (he won't realize).
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've said it before I like that the winner gets a nice round 10pts and I think at least the top 8 should get points so I think it should be 7pts for 2nd, 6 for 3rd and so on. That 1 point shift would change alot.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I prefer the current points system to the old one. Most races the top 6 is made up of the Ferraris, McLarens and Renaults anyway, I think it's good that at least a couple more drivers get awarded. If a new system is thought up to reduce championship contenders cruising for points I hope they don't just revert to the old one again.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    I prefer the current points system to the old one. Most races the top 6 is made up of the Ferraris, McLarens and Renaults anyway, I think it's good that at least a couple more drivers get awarded. If a new system is thought up to reduce championship contenders cruising for points I hope they don't just revert to the old one again.
    No one said that less drivers will get points, but I agree with Bernie that we should get some fight for that 1st position and awarding more points is what will make them fight for it, again, now that MS is gone!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    I've said it before I like that the winner gets a nice round 10pts and I think at least the top 8 should get points so I think it should be 7pts for 2nd, 6 for 3rd and so on. That 1 point shift would change alot.
    That's probably the best option, agreed
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Leave the points as they are now, but award an extra point for things like pole and most laps lead. That way if you dominate a race, you'll have a spread of 3 or 4 points to the second place finisher. If you happen to win because the car that lead most of the race retires, well then a two point spread to second place is probably fair.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    Leave the points as they are now, but award an extra point for things like pole and most laps lead. That way if you dominate a race, you'll have a spread of 3 or 4 points to the second place finisher. If you happen to win because the car that lead most of the race retires, well then a two point spread to second place is probably fair.
    A very good and fair option indeed.

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    You can have a spread of 3 or 4 points to the second place finisher like you said, but you realise of course that you could get a situation in which the winner and the second place finisher both cash in 10 points ?

I'm quite happy with the current points system, but I would like to see an extra point awarded for the fastest lap of the race (like they did in the 50s).
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Personally, I think they should award points in the same way that they give out the TV revenue.

So that's a lot for coming first, a bit less for coming second, a little bit less again for third and so on.

And then a great big wad of extra points for Ferrari because of their historical significance.

Yep, seems reasonable enough to me.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'd prefer the following points system: 12-8-6-5-4-3-2-1. At today's reliability level at least top eight finishers should get points that lesser teams would have a chance to score something as well. But also winner gets nicely awarded. Don't prefer any extra points for fastest lap or whatever - overall race result should be the ultimate decider, not just one flier!