Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well done Mark

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Though I wanted Vettel to win, I have to say Mark did a fantastic job and if not for a few silly incidents could have been WDC.

Crashing into Kovalainen
    Slagging off the team
    Coming together with Seb (I still think Webber played his part in this)

But enough of the negatives it was a really good season for Mark and hopefully it's another good one next year. I hope RBR have a good car in the pipes for next year.....
    I agree that he did do a fantastic job, but I don't think you can bring ifs and buts into the equation.

All the leading drivers made mistakes this year. You could argue that if Lewis hadn't crashed in Monza or Singapore, or if Alonso hadn't jumped the start in China, the championship might have looked completely different.

Don't get me wrong, though, by and large Mark's had a great year and driven superbly.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A good season for him, but ultimately a very disappointing drop off in form during the finishing races made him look pretty ordinary. As much as I wanted him to win, I have to concede that in the end he wouldn't have been the BEST of the year if he somehow managed to scrape out the title Jenson-Button-style. Good luck for next year, Mark!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well to paraphase mark himself He's not bad for a number two...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    I agree that he did do a fantastic job, but I don't think you can bring ifs and buts into the equation.

All the leading drivers made mistakes this year. You could argue that if Lewis hadn't crashed in Monza or Singapore, or if Alonso hadn't jumped the start in China, the championship might have looked completely different.

Don't get me wrong, though, by and large Mark's had a great year and driven superbly.
    I think ifs and buts should always come into the equation, except when people are saying who is actually WDC.

To me there are only two drivers who deserved the championship and they were Vettel and Webber.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ¿Why he was 44 seconds behind hes teamate? i don´t see the race ¿What was wrong?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racepode1
    ¿Why he was 44 seconds behind hes teamate? i don´t see the race ¿What was wrong?
    He got held up by Alonso.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Yep.
    I was hoping that Mark webber would have won the championship today. but it was not meant to be. I do think that while the Korea incident was a major blow. Considering that he had Brazil and today's race to earn the WDC, its hard to argue that those two performances were good. I wonder where that go for broke "I'm gonna show them" attitude was that saw him pout some stellar performances this year, like at Silverstone. It was the last race of the year and he needed to drive that car to its limit and beyond, but he was too timid and nervous. Even coming in early to change his tires when he should have stayed out and forced alonso to make the move. And that fact that he had an obvious faster car than the renault and arguably the Ferrari but was unable to get past either or even come withing a half second of Alonso was frustrating to say the least. I kept waiting for him to finally make his attack on Alonso and it never happened.

A very solid year, but ultimately lacked in pace when it mattered.

oddly enough I do believe that this result means he will be back at RBR.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    He got held up by Alonso.
    Held up? He wasn't even close enough to make a move. If he was he would have easily passed during one of Alonsos two billion visits to the run-off areas, am I wrong?

I was personally cheering for Webber for this one and it's a shame it didn't work out in the end. Great effort anyhow.
    Sadly I doubt he will have another serious crack at the championship, but I'm looking forward to him proving me wrong next year.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxter
    Held up? He wasn't even close enough to make a move. If he was he would have easily passed during one of Alonsos two billion visits to the run-off areas, am I wrong?

I was personally cheering for Webber for this one and it's a shame it didn't work out in the end. Great effort anyhow.
    Sadly I doubt he will have another serious crack at the championship, but I'm looking forward to him proving me wrong next year.
    The RBR has always been quite bad trailing other cars, plus their engine isn't the fastest. I'm a bit annoyed that Abu Dhabi has had so much money thrown at it to guarantee a place in the calendar for many years, awful circuit.

Mark had some brilliant victories this year and unfortunately for him pole was generally decided in Vettel's favour by about a tenth. Unbelievable how close the pair are in terms of pace.

He's got to be more consistent next year and be in that winning mindset - Vettel just had a fantastic mindset for the last few races. Even after his engine exploded in Korea he was so collected, as if he had no pressure on him at all.

He just has to believe in himself and not defeat himself mentally and there should be no reason why he can't be in contention for WDC with Vettel next year, if they have the car.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    There were, I think, few who would have predicted that Mark would have matched Vettel for most of this year. The fact that he did says a great deal about the man and his ability.

I hope he can come back stronger in 2011 and have a second shot at the WDC, but I do wonder whether this was his one and only chance.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993