Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well done Mark

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Well done Mark

Though I wanted Vettel to win, I have to say Mark did a fantastic job and if not for a few silly incidents could have been WDC.

Crashing into Kovalainen
    Slagging off the team
    Coming together with Seb (I still think Webber played his part in this)

But enough of the negatives it was a really good season for Mark and hopefully it's another good one next year. I hope RBR have a good car in the pipes for next year.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    he has exceeded most people's expectations this year, but i fear that will likely be his only shot of a title, which he ultimately failed to take and i also wonder if he'll be back next year, driving for a team who would rather the other guy won, against the other guy who is now not only a little bit quicker, but is getting better and now has the confidence of a title behind him. I don't think Mark will want to be there and there could be a little scramble to get someone in the seat
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    Was cheering for Mark but it wasn't to be

His reply when he was asked to confirm he'll be at RBR next season wasn't very convincing, I hope he is and I hope he ups his game, especially mentally, as I think Seb will be taking his up a notch now.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    he has exceeded most people's expectations this year, but i fear that will likely be his only shot of a title, which he ultimately failed to take and i also wonder if he'll be back next year, driving for a team who would rather the other guy won, against the other guy who is now not only a little bit quicker, but is getting better and now has the confidence of a title behind him. I don't think Mark will want to be there and there could be a little scramble to get someone in the seat
    I honestly don't think RBR really favoured Vettel that much tbh. Sure they might have thrown him under the bus today but at that stage he wasn't going to win. As simple as that sadly. I'm sure if the shoe had been on the other foot Seb would have jumped under the bus for Mark

I think too much was made out of the silly wing. Mark won that race anyway.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He was lucky to drive an Adrian Newey car, but he can't match Vettel, Alonso or Hamilton.
    In anticipation of the next corner...

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Great job all round but he bottled it under pressure this weekend. Vettel was quick in quali onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I think too much was made out of the silly wing. Mark won that race anyway.....
    People forget/don't realise Horner asked Newey who should have that wing and said Vettel.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    He done a great job all season except for the last few races when he finally appeared to crack.

Still well done Mark!
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    He's improved steadily all year, one to watch next year if Red Bull produce another great car.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Mark Webber has been brilliant all year, with the odd exception obviously. It's a shame he wasn't up to his normal game this weekend, I would have loved to see him be world champ, but he's had a great season and should be proud.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    All season long Webber was at least close to the sharp end of the championship and always there were doubts about his ability to keep it up. In the end he stayed close until the end (only 14 pts deficit to WDC), but wasn't consistent enough to decisively turn it in his favour. Perhaps feeling unfavoured in the team contributed to his inconsistency, but another matter is that how much could he have mentally dealt with the situation better. In any case Mark took some interesting strategical gambles this season and some of them paid off spectacularly (Hungary, Singapore). Abu Dhabi was one of those gambles, but this paid off in another way - not beneficial to himself personally, but for the team generally.