Page 204 of 260 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2591
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaontour
    T Shirts. nothing to do with us, pm me if you want to buy one though.... (that is a joke btw. again i would get sacked)
    Don't take this the wrong way but I am a bit awestruck to find a team mechanic on a forum. I would have assumed that and communication to the public would be strictly forbidden, but then again you do seem rather cautious with your words.

Secondly, re: T-shirts. Would you really get in trouble for selling team merchandise of behalf of the team even if its not for personal gain? It not like you would be selling stuff that of limited release or anything.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FYI there is a prodrive/mini mechanic on twitter......

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I don't care whether a team has a fancy pants service hotel/dinner area for people who indeed just go to get free stuff and never out at the stages. Rally Australia was set up with the two Ford and Citroen areas opposite each other. All the way down the end were the Brits working with the Brazillian MINI Team... they had two display cars of the Countryman and a fixed up tent. No one (fans) were really there but I went in and spoke to the crew and they were really nice!!! Fair enough Citroen and Ford have the money to show off all their stuff, it's not about that. It's about watching the Mechanics working on the car in the time given. If Dani Sordo or Ken Block or Seb L or JML got out of their car which I saw on occasions and don't give the fans a wave - Boo Hoo, go cry your tears somewhere else. They've just got out of their office so to speak and are eager to get their cars fixed. People or real fans can wait to see them at service. They have their duties and later the PR make them come out to see everyone. That's what they're paid to do. I stood next to and spoke with many drivers and didn't phase who they were. I deal with many high profile people and they're just like you and I with a great profession! If you really want to buy team shirts etc, go at the end of the rally when their stock is low and prices are cheaper! Check eBay as well!

Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles

Secondly, re: T-shirts. Would you really get in trouble for selling team merchandise of behalf of the team even if its not for personal gain? It not like you would be selling stuff that of limited release or anything.
    Only official merchandise can be sold... unless a team member has left they might return the clothes. I've bought official as in official WRC TV crew and FIA stuff on the eBay before... they left the companies
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Someone knows that Acropolis for Sordo/2nd driver already confirmed?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    Only official merchandise can be sold... unless a team member has left they might return the clothes. I've bought official as in official WRC TV crew and FIA stuff on the eBay before... they left the companies
    Oh, I thought you were talking about official merchandise and not actual team clothing. My bad.

Plan9: Twitter.... meh. Rapebook is enough.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Heard that Sordo will do Corsica.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Yes, as already pointed out in the Tour de Corse topic.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Oh, I thought you were talking about official merchandise and not actual team clothing. My bad.

Plan9: Twitter.... meh. Rapebook is enough.
    Actually, if a member of a team leaves the team they can do what they please with the clothing (I'm 90% certain about this) but teams normally don't sell employee clothing etc. They have a memorabilia/official team merchandise for sale.... it's confusing I know but their clothing and stuff isn't sold to general public. I got official Mitsubishi Clothing from team members in the past that wasn't available or close to the Merchandise for sale
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    We`ll at least during the Peugeot years all team clothing had to be returned after each event! Don`t know exactly how it is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    Actually, if a member of a team leaves the team they can do what they please with the clothing (I'm 90% certain about this) but teams normally don't sell employee clothing etc. They have a memorabilia/official team merchandise for sale.... it's confusing I know but their clothing and stuff isn't sold to general public. I got official Mitsubishi Clothing from team members in the past that wasn't available or close to the Merchandise for sale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plan9, Basically no comment sorry. even if i did know i wouldn't say. We have been fairly well received everywhere we have been. And the lad on twitter is Cal, he covers all the recce's with me actually but he is a young pup into his social media

grugsticles, Believe or not most of us are normal people with just as big a interest in rallying as the average fan Im sure you would be surprised how meny professionals 'lurk' on here... we have been reading this thread since the very start. re reading it is like a documentary of the last two years of my life! and yes my words are guarded. theres no way i would ever discuss anything of any 'value' on here. it was just the comments regaiding our set up/image got my goat a bit and i wanted a explanation.

And team clothing is to be returned and drestroyed, I have never sold it and i never will. its not worth the risk. Im sure people will know instances of it happening, and it does, but not from me.
    Is on a Mini adventure :)