Page 241 of 260 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2591
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Investors for Aston Martin came from Middle East. That's more worth to him.
    Perhaps if we had a more prominent series in terms of promotion, a few quid could have been squeezed out of them

Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    We haven't heard anything from Prodrive in the past number of weeks so maybe no news is good news? If they reckon their in with a shout of the Monte next year they could be about to land a surprise, you don't challenge for a win in Monte Carlo with a rookie.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gravelman
    Perhaps if we had a more prominent series in terms of promotion, a few quid could have been squeezed out of them

If the series was in any kind of health getting sponsors wouldn't be an issue; teams, drivers, events, etc

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughMac
    We haven't heard anything from Prodrive in the past number of weeks so maybe no news is good news? If they reckon their in with a shout of the Monte next year they could be about to land a surprise, you don't challenge for a win in Monte Carlo with a rookie.
    Yeah but they probably will have mad frankie behind the wheel. He tested one lately. I'd like to hope that here's something brewing, but the car has had all its testing done on the stages for the past 9 months really and it's further away now from the competitors than it was 12 months ago. Unless there has been some significant investment, I can't see it happening. If anyone mentions campana, I'll split a lung laughing.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    If the series was in any kind of health getting sponsors wouldn't be an issue; teams, drivers, events, etc
    Agree. But I've to say Red Bull Media House is a great Promoter; that's the ultimate Promoter the WRC can get on board... Eurosport, compared to them, is just a beginner!

In three-years-time I think we'll have a great coverage and celebrity. We need now just some "weird" drivers, like Valentino Rossi in MotoGP or Lewis Hamilton in F1...

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    That weird driver has just left unfortunately.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    But I've to say Red Bull Media House is a great Promoter
    Might be but we also have to take into an account that rallying is a completely different kind of beast. It is one of the least broadcast friendly sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    In three-years-time I think we'll have a great coverage and celebrity.
    I'd go more with the need to have characters. Celebrities sound a bit bad.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    That weird driver has just left unfortunately.
    I know, and I blame the terrible promotion of this year's WRC, which has made so difficult to catch any good sponsorship...

Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    Might be but we also have to take into an account that rallying is a completely different kind of beast. It is one of the least broadcast friendly sports.
    If you think skiing has HD, Live-TV on lots of free-to-air networks, then rallying, which is much more spectacular, could have its chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    I'd go more with the need to have characters. Celebrities sound a bit bad.
    A very good character is Ogier, another two are Ostberg and JML. IMHO they're good in PR activities... and have a look, for the future, to Chris Atkinson and Hayden Paddon...

P.S.: a good idea would be Robert Kubica. At Rallye du Var he was ahead of Freddy Loix, I think he could do something good in the WRC... not like Valentino, which is too much slow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Killing 2 birds with 1 stone: Bring back Kris Meeke (a fast driver for Prodrive and a perso that fans respond to REALLY strongly)

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
    I said it in the news and rumors thread, but if Prodrive can convince Yazeed Al-Rajihi to get into WRC instead SWRC and give him a place in a 3 cars team as Qatar M sport and AbuDhabi Citroen, given he get sponsored from Saudi Arabia and to sponsor the whole team into manufacturers championship.

On other note, I am really hoping Redbull will do good job in promoting the sport, it is sad to see alot of teams driver dropping out because of lack of sponsors and money. Screw you Forumla 1 you greedy phony stupid motorsport