Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    Vettel has lost more points to mechanical problems than anyone else, otherwise this wouldn't even have been close.
    Agreed. He should have had it wrapped up ages ago and so fully deserves it today.
    Still, credit to Alonso and Ferrari for making him have to work for it up to the last race - it could have gone either way today and nobody else (aside from Mark in the other RedBull) was close
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Alonso didn´t manage to take the WDC and WCC his first year at Ferrari.

Kimi did!!
    Yes he did - after Massa gave him the win at Interlagos (albeit more subtly thatn what we saw in Germany this year). Cheater!
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Yes he did - after Massa gave him the win at Interlagos (albeit more subtly thatn what we saw in Germany this year). Cheater!
    That's just not true and you know it. It's been discussed enough. Let it be.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Something I just read on another board that I think is worth reposting:

"Vitaly, Alonso is faster than you;..............................can you confirm you understand?"

"Tell him to ¤¤¤¤ off!!!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just going to put this here:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are you kidding me? I'm coming in late to this "cheater" debate and I'm assuming the reference is when Massa let Alonso by. First of all... a poor call by the team? Maybe. (does that put an asterisk by more than a few of Michael's championships?) Second, and more importantly what would you have had either Massa or Alonso do when that call was made? I suppose when Massa slowed to let Alonso by, then Alonso should have slowed as well and just not passed him. Maybe in their fight to decide who "shouldn't" win they could slow enough to let the entire field pass.
    But of course that didn't happen. So maybe Massa and Alonso should have come out after everything had happened and criticized their employer, and threw the entire team under the bus. That would have been appropriate.
    I don't necessarily agree with team orders, at least until the end of the season when the outcome is definitive. Example, I doubt (although might be wrong) people would be calling Webber a cheater had the race on the last lap been Vettel, Webber and Alonso third, then on the last lap Vettel lets Webber by so the team brings home the WDC. But calling him a cheater is ridiculous. An argument can be made for Ferrari being cheaters but Fernando was no more a cheater than his pit crew were, who also benefited by the call.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duchess
    I'm just going to put this here:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1288961586875A
    In recognition of the new deal with Red Bull, Renault branding will feature more strongly on the cars and drivers' helmets, starting with this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix.
    if mark was ahead of alonso would mark have been let passed ?
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I don't think we should be that negative about Alonso's participation in the title race. Cheater? Hmm, team orders - even though illegal this year - have always been part of F1 and it made kinda sense for Ferrari to back Alonso. Even though I didn't support Alonso, I have to say that if he had won the WDC, it would have been an impressive win after a very strong second half of the season in a car that was probably a bit inferior to the Red Bull. 7 points here or there doesn't change the fact, how he generally performed over a full season and how he took the fight to the top dogs till the end.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Cheater? Hmm, team orders - even though illegal this year
    Enough said! The rest is subjective.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro