Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, it's not official but it's pretty likely that David Campbell will take over from Bernie.

Great move and a nice bloke.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Who's this Campbell guy?!

I guess none of these:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Campbell
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    Bernie is a very rich man and money doesn't corrupt him like it does others.
    That's flawed reasoning.

Rather like in the Simpsons where President Truman gives Mr Burns a 1 trillion dollar bill to take to Europe as aid to rebuild Europe after WW2 because being the richest man in the US he's the person with the least need to steal 1 trillion dollars.

Who ends up stealing it?

and who's sold out much loved circuits for characterless middle eastern circuits and other assorted yawn fests? If Bernie didn't need the money then why does he keep on selling out the sport's tradition for more money? He's a corrupt greedy old man.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    That's flawed reasoning.

Rather like in the Simpsons where President Truman gives Mr Burns a 1 trillion dollar bill to take to Europe as aid to rebuild Europe after WW2 because being the richest man in the US he's the person with the least need to steal 1 trillion dollars.

Who ends up stealing it?

and who's sold out much loved circuits for characterless middle eastern circuits and other assorted yawn fests? If Bernie didn't need the money then why does he keep on selling out the sport's tradition for more money? He's a corrupt greedy old man.
    Daniel. I find it difficult to discuss reasoning with someone that backs up his arguments by quoting Simpsons. You will soon start questioning the safety protocols of Nuclear Reactors because workers can walk out with Uranium down their collar.

You obviously have deep rooted views on Bernie but can I ask what you know of the man apart from what you read on a Forum? What do you know apart from that?

Please, gift us the benefit of your wisdom and explain exactly what he has done wrong? I know lots that I disagree with him on and am quite vocal about the areas that I think Bernie and Max have damaged the sport but dragging F1 from the gutter where it was and making it the spectacle it is are not failings of Bernie but great achievements.

Do you know Bernies history? Do you know what he has done for safety? Do you know the improvements he has forced Track owners to do etc?

My guess is no.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Please see my post above for my views on Bernie. Anyway it is max who did the most for safety, not Bernie. I very much doubt as the owner of the commercial rights has any say (or should have) over safety regs.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please see my post above for my views on Bernie. Anyway it is max who did the most for safety, not Bernie. I very much doubt as the owner of the commercial rights has any say (or should have) over safety regs.
    As per normal, you have demonstrated your ignorance and stated an opinion based on vapour.

If you know nothing about the improvements to safety that Bernie has brought into the sport, then there is little benefit continuing this dialogue but I would suggest you look back at the history of the sport. You need only go as far back as Rindt and as far forward as Massa's accident to look at Bernies contribution to safety in F1.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Huh? Max's contributions to safety are well documented. Tell me what Bernie has done other than say "we should be safer"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is not my job to educate the ignorant that choose not to learn about the subject they are trying to discuss.

If, on the other hand, you want to learn a little about F1, I will recommend a few books you can start with. The first is "The Piranna Club" which will give you a great insight into the people that built F1 up to about the turn of the Millinium. It might surprise you. Come back to me after that.

To get you going on Bernie, you might like to research how Sid came into F1, who made the circuits, against considerable opposition, accept the Prof at the circuits, who arranged for a full team to be at every race etc. You may not know this but Bernie was an occasional racer, team owner, driver manager before representing the teams and drivers. He IS the word in F1 and for years held Max's reigns making him do what he wanted.

3 people have made the biggest difference to F1 safety. JYS, Bernie and Max. Of these 3, Max has been the least effective because he generally was reactive whereas the other 2, while not getting the credit, drove through the chances.

You might think I am a fan of Bernie, that I like him. I don't and would love to talk about the side where I believe he has damaged the sport in areas but I also admire his achievements and cannot let people underestimate /forget / not appreciate the things he has achieved for the sport.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Please see my post above for my views on Bernie. Anyway it is Max who did the most for safety, not Bernie.
    Exactly!
    This is a clear case of denial. The guy who did most for F1 is hated while the greedy lil' one who profited most is called a 'genius', whatever genius means for some forum members.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro