What do you think?

A bloke desperate to catch a flight to see his girlfriend tweets the following, clearly tongue in cheek:

"Crap! Robin Hood airport is closed. You've got a week to get your **** together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!!
Unfortunately for him the authorities took it literally and decided it was a terrorist threat. He's just lost his appeal at the £1000 fine, now estimated to be over £3K with costs.

It's a dangerous precident: if I now joke that I could murder some noisy kids, or that I wish I could punch a corrupt politician, I could theoretically face arrest.

St. Devote could be arrested for his continued desire to give journalists "knuckle sandwiches", and goodness only knows what will happen if Alonso wins the championship and my screams at the telly are taken at face value!

It's good to see that there's currently a "Sparticus" moment, with tens of thousands of people retweeting the "threat", and exposing the stupidity of the verdict.

It's difficult online to know when someone's being serious. Smilies help, obviously, there's a world of difference between:

I'm going to blow up this airport
and
I'm going to blow up this airport