Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarray
    GM is planning an IPO. Does anyone know their schedule for paying back the U.S. Treasury?

Regardless, I think this is great news.
    Don't hold your breath in spite of the White House Talking Points out there.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If it was Ford I would be supportive. If it was any other manufacturer(Except Chrysler) I would look at it as a positive.

F.Y.I.

I am sure I am the only one who post here who has a financial stake in the success of the ICS. I am involved with the marketing of products with 2 series drivers and working on a third.
    I would also financially benefit greatly with a greater motorsports connection and Chevrolet but I am not a hypocrite so I can't support the actions of GM and the Government bailout.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    Seriously? None of your federal tax bill is being used for the GM bailout because it was part of TARP, which was deficit funded.
    Wow! Talk about Political Speak.

OK....I'll bite.....Who is going to pay for that Deficit???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are you one of those phony guys who suddenly realized in 2008 that they don't like paying taxes? Right when the guy they didn't support won the election? And had no problems with paying taxes and the government wasting "their money" when their favorite guy was in charge?
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Are you one of those phony guys who suddenly realized in 2008 that they don't like paying taxes? Right when the guy they didn't support won the election? And had no problems with paying taxes and the government wasting "their money" when their favorite guy was in charge?
    Some people are just angry at the world. They are part of the "me" generation and are upset they haven't been given their piece of the pie.

Back to the topic. At this point, it is still a rumor with no substance. Maybe it is true and maybe it is wishful thinking. Until I see a press release from GM, I put it in the rumor file. No point in getting fired up about unsubstantiated rumors.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great news for IRL if true. I'll believe it when it happens though.... As for all of the bailout talk - they shouldn't have been bailed out in the manner they were... they should pay back everything owed to the gov't before doing things like this.. but since my opinion counts for nothing - woo hooo - more $$ for my sport!!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    I am sure I am the only one who post here who has a financial stake in the success of the ICS. I am involved with the marketing of products with 2 series drivers and working on a third.
    Well done.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Obviously you don't pay attention to what a drag he is. Rather than listen to somebody complain about every single news item, I'd prefer to see him leave and go enjoy whatever it is he actually does enjoy. Judging by what we read here, he doesn't enjoy anything, rather sulks in life with no friends.
    Oh, I certainly do pay attention to that!

What he actually does enjoy is putting together his highly professional website and YouTube videos, which I am happy to promote with every post I make.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Wow! Talk about Political Speak.

OK....I'll bite.....Who is going to pay for that Deficit???
    GM will pay back the remaining $40 billion as soon as they can. I don't know what the schedule is, but I would be willing to be it will be in the next 5 to 10 years.

Yes since it was deficit spending the debt is collecting 2-3 percent interest, which will be more than covered as the government starts spending down its share of GM stock. Since currently the government owns 60 percent of GM's stock the government is all but assured to make a profit, but they have to do it over time or else they would collapse the stock price. If everything goes well the bailout will pay for itself, and the government should make some profit, as they did with most of the bank bailouts.

I am not a fan of this White House or this President, but the mantra of "It's my money and I don't want them racing," is flaws on so many levels I just can't let that stand.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they don't advertise, they don't make money. This is advertising. Sure, it's expensive advertising, but it is still showcasing a product.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!